Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    I bet Ogier will stay in Ford

2. Likes: Petrolhead (26th April 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    What happens next season depends probably on how this season goes for each team. Right now, it seems all teams are pretty equal.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    I think Ogier only has one thing on his mind and that is to win the drivers title with M-Sport. If he does that, Ford will come back and Ogier will stay put. I don't see him going back to Citroën or wanting to go to Hyundai. He has won his titles with VW, so now he wants to win against the odds and become a true legend.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Front cover of Motorsport News today sees David Evans double down and write that Hyundai are going to sign Mikkelsen, run four cars for the next two years and become the new WRC super power.

No real quotes to back this up as nobody is really going on record. Just an internal Hyundai source saying they are very interested. Vague quotes from Penasse saying they have the capability to run four cars - and it won't be a commercial deal. They have R5 for that in his words.

Couple of other bits. Mikkelsen apparently rolled on the test. I think we knew he'd done some damage. Not sure if a full roll is new info or not.

Also Penasse quoted as saying Meeke doesn't have a contract for next year? That's news to me given he signed a three-year deal - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122261

Apparently there are concerns in the service park that this would turn Hyundai into a VW-esque super power which made me laugh. They'd have four drivers with just eight combined victories - and still wouldn't have the quickest two guys in the championship.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (26th April 2017)
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    What happens next season depends probably on how this season goes for each team. Right now, it seems all teams are pretty equal.
    Before VW quit, the plan was Ford back officially in 2018. Now with the best rally driver in world i don't think that will not happen.

8. Likes: er88 (26th April 2017)
    Before VW quit, the plan was Ford back officially in 2018. Now with the best rally driver in world i don't think that will not happen.
    You have some source for this info Andre?

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Front cover of Motorsport News today sees David Evans double down and write that Hyundai are going to sign Mikkelsen, run four cars for the next two years and become the new WRC super power.

No real quotes to back this up as nobody is really going on record. Just an internal Hyundai source saying they are very interested. Vague quotes from Penasse saying they have the capability to run four cars - and it won't be a commercial deal. They have R5 for that in his words.

Couple of other bits. Mikkelsen apparently rolled on the test. I think we knew he'd done some damage. Not sure if a full roll is new info or not.

Also Penasse quoted as saying Meeke doesn't have a contract for next year? That's news to me given he signed a three-year deal - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122261

Apparently there are concerns in the service park that this would turn Hyundai into a VW-esque super power which made me laugh. They'd have four drivers with just eight combined victories - and still wouldn't have the quickest two guys in the championship.
    Here's the news story - http://www.autosport.com/news/report...minate-like-vw

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    The Meeke-related quote is intriguing. Doors open for 2018 if true.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    He maybe just said it wrong. I think he just talked too much about others, he has not been correct with his opponents IMO.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Really strange if true. Meeke's deal was published at the end of 2015 as a "three-year deal".

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/decem...7--12-12-.html