Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    People were saying its no problem him missing 2017 and he can come back in 2018 and take up where he left off.

But I said he is missing a lot by not getting the 2017 WRC car experience asap. His comments on the recent interview back this up.

As he didnt get the Polo he will have a hell of a lot of ground to make up if/when he does get a WRC drive in a new car.

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Comments from Andreas after the last stage on Korsika.

"It's been a great weekend for us. We had a good gap and it was about maintaining that. I hope to be back in a WRC car soon! Things are looking better on that front and I hope to be back soon. Something is going on for sure.

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (9th April 2017)
    Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    In the championship standings, Mikkelsen is ahead of Lefebvre and Hänninen. In an R5 car and with 2 events missing....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_W...ip_for_Drivers

5. Likes: pantealex (10th April 2017),WUff1 (10th April 2017)
    Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post
    In the championship standings, Mikkelsen is ahead of Lefebvre and Hänninen. In an R5 car and with 2 events missing....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_W...ip_for_Drivers
    If I was Hyundai boss I would get him a 4th car now as he is much better the Paddon and Sordo, one of which has been woeful this year and the other has never really been fast, both of which are now speedwise journeymen.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I see only 2 options tbh.

Citroen with Lefevbre doing only some rounds in WRC car, no idea how likely that is, the comments about about "not being french" from Matton in December still stick. Question is how much pressure is there on him with Citroen being last in manu and with 6th as best driver champ. position.

3rd Toyota (or 2nd instead of Hanninen) - Toyota has shown that they have similar performance to the other cars (well, not enough data for gravel yet), so he is likely interested. Question is then how much not being finish and not wanting to pay to drive counts.

M-sport- would imo only use him if he paid for the car/drive and it's not a good idea for any of them. It is quite likely that M-Sport ends like it was with the previous fiesta. Starting fast but then focusing too much on selling cars and not developing the current one as fast as the competitors. Maybe Ogier forces them to keep development up, but then it is likely to affect the speed of the "costumer" cars. (remember the Focus 03-04 and the related A.Warmbold saga)

Hyundai is imo completely out of the question

Polo 2017 is out due to other manufacturers
    Polo 2016 is pointless, customer 2017 Fiesta is for sure faster and would prbly cost the same

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't be shocked to see Mikkelsen end up in that third Toyota at the expense of Lappi. Lappi shifts into a test role/R5 or some such and then gets the permanent seat in 2018. Hanninen sees out the season and that's it for him in the WRC.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Lappi and Mikkelsen are both EVEN Management drivers...

so Erik Veiby knows exactly what kind of deal Lappi has.

I believe Lappi has contract which says he is WRC car driver.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Lappi and Mikkelsen are both EVEN Management drivers...

so Erik Veiby knows exactly what kind of deal Lappi has.

I believe Lappi has contract which says he is WRC car driver.
    Yep fully aware they have the same management. Which is why I can see it happening and some deal being done between them. Just feels strange to me there are no details of Lappi's programme yet this year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Toyota can easily bring +2 cars now. Toyota only one manufacturer that have two pairs of WRC'17 chassis. All other used same cars on all 4 rounds.
    I don't understand why if Toyota have a spare cars, need more mileage for development don't invite Mikkelsen to do few rounds with Yaris.

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Andreas Mikkelsen: "Estamos negociando con todos los equipos del WRC" https://t.co/oHtL1NvFp3 https://t.co/rgPM3JwdM7

"We are negociating with all WRC Teams..."

13. Likes: AL14 (10th April 2017)