Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115
  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    227
    Like
    281
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    I think his only hope of a manufacturer drive this year is if a certain Frenchman continues to under perform. However, how likely is it that a French team would drop their only French driver. Even if it is for a clearly much more accomplished driver?
    Last edited by Munkvy; 9th February 2017 at 00:09.

  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,912
    Like
    1,294
    Liked 1,228 Times in 559 Posts
    Fact is that if a manufacturer will build one more car for Mikkelsen or replace one of their drivers with him, they will be able to keep him for the next season(s).
    Mikkelsen is not just a TOP driver, he is one of the best in the world, certainly in the TOP5, he has won more rallies than anybody except for Latvala and Ogier, and has a very important talent, that a factory team should look at: consistency. He is able not only to win rallies but to bring consistently points for manu title and he is good in all surfaces.

    I am actually surprised he has not an agreement yet for at least the second part of the season.

  3. Likes: andyone (21st February 2017),jparker (21st February 2017),pantealex (9th February 2017),seb_sh (21st February 2017),WRC1 (9th February 2017),WUff1 (9th February 2017)
  4. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,242
    Like
    214
    Liked 195 Times in 119 Posts
    We will know more after Mex.

    If Meeke crashes again.....
    If Neuville crashes again....
    If Hanninen crashes again....
    If Lefebvre does not get his gravel form up...

    many interessting possibilities!
    Rallye-info.com

  5. Likes: jparker (21st February 2017)
  6. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,399
    Like
    276
    Liked 1,008 Times in 478 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    We will know more after Mex.

    If Meeke crashes again.....
    If Neuville crashes again....
    Nothing will happen even if they crash all 3 days.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  7. Likes: BigWorm (23rd February 2017),er88 (22nd February 2017),TWRC (22nd February 2017),WRC1 (21st February 2017)
  8. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    227
    Like
    281
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Nothing will happen even if they crash all 3 days.
    If Neuville crashes for the third rally in a row, I suspect Nandan will do something. He has done it before after all. But what he would do, that I don't know, given the structure they run now and the need for as many drivers as possible so that they get points for the team.

    Meeke I think is safe, simply based on the fact that he is still the quickest driver in the team for the moment. Breen however has a golden opportunity this year to learn, improve and then take over as the lead driver next year potentially. I think he may well be the safe pair of hands Citroen need right now! As for the remaining too, yes definitely on thin ice and a great opportunity for Andreas if the current trend continues.

  9. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v s k y l
    Posts
    1,671
    Like
    3,437
    Liked 333 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    If Neuville crashes for the third rally in a row, I suspect Nandan will do something. He has done it before after all. But what he would do, that I don't know, given the structure they run now and the need for as many drivers as possible so that they get points for the team.

    Meeke I think is safe, simply based on the fact that he is still the quickest driver in the team for the moment. Breen however has a golden opportunity this year to learn, improve and then take over as the lead driver next year potentially. I think he may well be the safe pair of hands Citroen need right now! As for the remaining too, yes definitely on thin ice and a great opportunity for Andreas if the current trend continues.
    and Neuville is not quickest driver in his team ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  10. Likes: A FONDO (22nd February 2017),AL14 (22nd February 2017)
  11. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    857
    Like
    9
    Liked 64 Times in 45 Posts
    How many cars does Toyota sell in Norway?
    Hyundai has run four cars before. What are the chances if Hyundai relegate Neuville out of a manufacturer's scoring role (and draft Mikkelsen into a Hyundai scoring drive -even a one off event e.g NORF ) Neuville will win the rally?

  12. #98
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,021
    Like
    55
    Liked 975 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    How many cars does Toyota sell in Norway?
    Hyundai has run four cars before. What are the chances if Hyundai relegate Neuville out of a manufacturer's scoring role (and draft Mikkelsen into a Hyundai scoring drive -even a one off event e.g NORF ) Neuville will win the rally?
    Hyundai have no budget to run 4 cars...

  13. #99
    Senior Member skarderud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lillehammer
    Posts
    701
    Like
    370
    Liked 185 Times in 85 Posts
    Carsales in norway:

    1. Volkswagen1354917,40,6
    2. Toyota873911,27,1
    3. BMW56137,229,2
    4. Nissan463465
    5. Ford45435,89,8
    6. Mercedes-Benz44625,726,9
    7. Volvo41955,4-4,7
    8. Skoda41715,414,4
    9. Mitsubishi36184,728,6
    10. Mazda35624,6

    Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

    KNA oppland

  14. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    257
    Like
    1
    Liked 15 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, we now know where Mikkelsen is heading.
    Skoda Fabia WRC
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9472669

    Skoda says that's rubbish and yet Bosse is there having a secret test.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •