Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    It does if you keep 4 drivers match-fit over the season to choose from for your 3 nominated drivers.

Like they did last year with Paddon, Dani and Thierry. As has been pointed out a couple of times above....
    Expensive way of doing it, paying four drivers contacts when only two of them can score you points in any one event...

If that happens I wont give them any credit if they win the title.

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Expensive way of doing it, paying four drivers contacts when only two of them can score you points in any one event...

If that happens I wont give them any credit if they win the title.
    3 drivers score points.

How have you missed that point so many times? That's the way the WRC works now....

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    is it reasonable to make the comparison to M-Sport, which operates differently to other WRC teams? I don't see a point in hiring a driver who can't win the championship or score manufacturer points. Unless he pays for it like the M-Sport guys, and Mikkelsen said he's not paying to drive.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 18th April 2017 at 17:33.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    3 drivers score points.

How have you missed that point so many times? That's the way the WRC works now....
    But only the 2 best placed drivers eligable for Manu points, score. I think you have missed that point!
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Denial from Hyundai for the moment. Nothing more than the test but let's see - http://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actualit...al-184885.html
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    3 drivers score points.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    But only the 2 best placed drivers eligable for Manu points, score. I think you have missed that point!
    Exactly, thank you Mike. I'm glad someone understands.

Apology accepted Rallyfiend.

Thinking more about this - if you could always pick 3 from 4 drivers at Hyundai - then you're basically subbing in for Sordo on some (particularly the fast) gravel rallies and then Paddon on all tarmac rounds.

For me I don't think there's any combination of 3 guys (on any round) that wouldn't include Neuville and Mikkelsen.

So Hyundai immediately go back into the territory of potentially having to hurt a driver's feelings by demoting them.

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (18th April 2017)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Does Paddon have a contract beyond the end of this season? If not, it may be the kick that he needs to find his form from late 2015, when he was in a similar position.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    aka Rodger Davies

Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Does Paddon have a contract beyond the end of this season? If not, it may be the kick that he needs to find his form from late 2015, when he was in a similar position.
    As I understand it Neuville and Paddon have deals through 2018. As does Sordo, but media reports at the time said Hyundai also have first option for 2019 on Sordo.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Hyundai will choose to nominate 3 of the 4 drivers to score pts before each rally. Then the best 2 finishers of those 3 selected drivers score manufacturer pts. Simple.

Could help Paddon actually, he's the weakest of the 4 drivers atm so he should be #4 and told to just focus on pushing hard and driving his own rally (without having to think about manufacturer pts). Let Andreas and Sordo help Neuville and Hyundai out. Paddon needs to regain his confidence fast or he will be quickly lost, and chucked into the scrap heap of nearly drivers that have went before him like Duval, Marko Martin etc. Paddon should have a word with his "mate" Neuville about how to fight back from the dumps. I still believe in him, but he's currently very poor on tarmac and has lost all pace on gravel. Unfortunately for him, that is not a good situation to be in

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk