Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 457
  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    908
    Like
    1
    Liked 169 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yes we know this but I assume we are talking about the Manufacturer"s Ch'ship as that is where Hyundai's priorities lie. Having 4 cars doesnt make sense in that case as only two of three can score.
    It does if you keep 4 drivers match-fit over the season to choose from for your 3 nominated drivers.

    Like they did last year with Paddon, Dani and Thierry. As has been pointed out a couple of times above....

  2. Likes: pantealex (18th April 2017)
  3. #162
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,741
    Like
    1,650
    Liked 3,262 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    It does if you keep 4 drivers match-fit over the season to choose from for your 3 nominated drivers.

    Like they did last year with Paddon, Dani and Thierry. As has been pointed out a couple of times above....
    Expensive way of doing it, paying four drivers contacts when only two of them can score you points in any one event...

    If that happens I wont give them any credit if they win the title.

  4. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    908
    Like
    1
    Liked 169 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Expensive way of doing it, paying four drivers contacts when only two of them can score you points in any one event...

    If that happens I wont give them any credit if they win the title.
    3 drivers score points.

    How have you missed that point so many times? That's the way the WRC works now....

  5. #164
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,021
    Like
    624
    Liked 851 Times in 409 Posts
    is it reasonable to make the comparison to M-Sport, which operates differently to other WRC teams? I don't see a point in hiring a driver who can't win the championship or score manufacturer points. Unless he pays for it like the M-Sport guys, and Mikkelsen said he's not paying to drive.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 18th April 2017 at 16:33.

  6. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ZŁrich, CH
    Posts
    1,845
    Like
    0
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    3 drivers score points.

    How have you missed that point so many times? That's the way the WRC works now....
    But only the 2 best placed drivers eligable for Manu points, score. I think you have missed that point!
    Supporting CitroŽn and Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP. Anti Hamilton and anti McCheat!

  7. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,861
    Like
    404
    Liked 1,488 Times in 656 Posts
    Denial from Hyundai for the moment. Nothing more than the test but let's see - http://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actualit...al-184885.html
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  8. #167
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,741
    Like
    1,650
    Liked 3,262 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    3 drivers score points.

    How have you missed that point so many times? That's the way the WRC works now....
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    But only the 2 best placed drivers eligable for Manu points, score. I think you have missed that point!
    Exactly, thank you Mike. I'm glad someone understands.

    Apology accepted Rallyfiend.

  9. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,861
    Like
    404
    Liked 1,488 Times in 656 Posts
    Thinking more about this - if you could always pick 3 from 4 drivers at Hyundai - then you're basically subbing in for Sordo on some (particularly the fast) gravel rallies and then Paddon on all tarmac rounds.

    For me I don't think there's any combination of 3 guys (on any round) that wouldn't include Neuville and Mikkelsen.

    So Hyundai immediately go back into the territory of potentially having to hurt a driver's feelings by demoting them.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  10. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (18th April 2017)
  11. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    662
    Like
    345
    Liked 234 Times in 148 Posts
    Does Paddon have a contract beyond the end of this season? If not, it may be the kick that he needs to find his form from late 2015, when he was in a similar position.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    aka Rodger Davies

  12. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,861
    Like
    404
    Liked 1,488 Times in 656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Does Paddon have a contract beyond the end of this season? If not, it may be the kick that he needs to find his form from late 2015, when he was in a similar position.
    As I understand it Neuville and Paddon have deals through 2018. As does Sordo, but media reports at the time said Hyundai also have first option for 2019 on Sordo.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •