Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
I'm sorry, but you are the one bringing Meeke in this discusson. That's why my reply will answe it. While Meeke wants to shine, Mikkelsen is geting his job more seriously. You can continue implying Mikkelsen is not fast (and that's true), but neither him or Citroen care abot that too much at the moment. It's fare to say that for only 2 events Mikkelsen has been more valuble for the team than Meeke for half a season.
In contrast, Meeke has been focusing on his speed, and criticizing his car over and over. Yes, that's probably the case, but this is something other drivers don't usually do. They accept that they are slow, and get involved in the effort to fix this.
In short, I believe both Mikkelsen and Meeke are experienced and fast drivers, but in current situation with Citroen, it's pointless to compare and judge them.
Mikkelson is driving himself out of a job. If you seriously think his performances were worthy of a full time job offer, i doubt it. Maybe he just cant explain how he likes the car setup? He didnt need to a VW, now he is lost. I think if you ask anyone at Citroen whose input has been more valuation it would not be Mikkelson. You blame Meeke for focusing on speed, and criticising the car... Nobody would listen to Meeke, now everyone knows he was right.. a fair proportion of the blame lies with the car.... because the Handsome one was supposed to win Sardina (becasue of his road position), and finish on the podium in Poland. Meeke is also at a different stage of his career.. whereby he has 2/3 years left at top, and was promised, and the team convinced him, they had a good car, but inherently its not, well as least not versatile, while Mikkelson, even with more WRC starts, still has 10 years to hang about.