Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    M-Sport

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...uer-mikkelsen/

Michael Nandan repeats here that Mikkelsen is not joining the Hyundai team and they will not add a fourth car.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...uer-mikkelsen/

Michael Nandan repeats here that Mikkelsen is not joining the Hyundai team and they will not add a fourth car.
    'Michel Nandan: „Andreas wird in keins der drei aktuellen Werksautos steigen, noch werden wir ein viertes Auto für ihn einsetzen, oder planen mit einem anderen Fahrer. Der Aufwand steht in keinem Verhältnis zum Ertrag. Zudem ist das Team mit all seinen Projekten ausgelastet.“'

Michel Nandan: "Andreas is not going to drive one of the three ['17] cars, neither will we provide a fourth car for him nor any other driver. The [return of investment] would not be enough. Moreover, the team is working to capacity with all of its projects."

That sounds like a clear no at least for this season.

4. Likes: AnttiL (27th April 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Weird, what was the point of the test drive then?

I cant imagine how he could un-convince them during one day in a completely unknown car. Drive backwards in 1st only?

If its not that then why would they let him drive it. Sure they get some feedback for development, but how much value is it really. Not like the Polo 2017 fully developed and proved fast car to compare with.

And if he signs someone else you risk some knowledge transfer.
    Last edited by mknight; 27th April 2017 at 11:18.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I would assume Latvala's and Ogier's know-how from VW helped them make their cars faster, so maybe Hyundai tried to get some of that know-how from Mikkelsen? And at the same time the test was useful for Mikkelsen to get more experience from 2017 cars and to keep his name on the headlines. Win-win?

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (27th April 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    I would assume Latvala's and Ogier's know-how from VW helped them make their cars faster, so maybe Hyundai tried to get some of that know-how from Mikkelsen?
    I was thinking the same thing. And/or maybe to gain sympathies with Mikkelsen for future negotiations.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Do Nandan and Penasse talk to each other? They seem to come out with conflicting quotes most weeks.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

10. Likes: Allez Andruet (27th April 2017),er88 (27th April 2017),Rally Power (27th April 2017),steve.mandzij (27th April 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    I would assume Latvala's and Ogier's know-how from VW helped them make their cars faster, so maybe Hyundai tried to get some of that know-how from Mikkelsen? And at the same time the test was useful for Mikkelsen to get more experience from 2017 cars and to keep his name on the headlines. Win-win?
    Transfer know-how just after one testing session? Not sure if that's possible, but to me looks unlikely.
    Same goes for Mikkelsen getting experience with WRC17 cars.

My guess Hyundai were hoping to get him for cheap, but Mikkelsen is not willing to make any discounts. He probably wouldn't hesitate two months ago, but now it is different.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    First explanation that I see as possible. After one test session the development feedback from Mikkelsen has to be extremely limited, so it would make sense. Also fits with "return of investment" quote.

Tbh it's not like Hyundai really needs him to charge for both titles this season. No chance for him in driver champs with the point deficit and they already have the most balanced team. So they decided to wait a bit more, possibly hoping that nobody else signs him long-term in the next few months anyway. That is for sure true for Ford, possibly also for Toyota since they want to see after Portugal +1 maybe one rally more how Lappi does. Citroen I honestly have no idea. The whole management of that team seems less that brilliant. (stay out most of 1 year to develop the car and "forget" to develop it for Monte and Sweden, complain about not enough available drivers then not sign any of the 3 VW drivers).

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Do Nandan and Penasse talk to each other? They seem to come out with conflicting quotes most weeks.
    Just all part of the game. I wouldn't believe any of eithers recent remarks

14. Likes: AL14 (27th April 2017)