Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    BTW the Portugal entries were already closed on Tuesday and Mikkelsen is testing Hyundai tomorrow...I wonder when that entry list is published?

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    BTW the Portugal entries were already closed on Tuesday and Mikkelsen is testing Hyundai tomorrow...I wonder when that entry list is published?
    I'm sure Mikkelsen will have some form of entry lodged for the rally - even if it's just in WRC2. Then after that's its up to them to maybe get a waiver to change it. I'm sure it can be achieved.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Colin Clark's podcast suggests that Hyundai might want Mikkelsen to prevent other teams from getting him, or him testing Hyundai might be a reminder to Citroen and Toyota that he might be wanted elsewhere if they don't get him. There's also a crazy rumour of driving a Hyundai under Kia livery
    Last edited by AnttiL; 20th April 2017 at 11:57.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    They same that form is temporary ... and it is. In reality Paddon's results in the 4 opening rounds are, Sweden aside, identical to last year. And Sweden was an aberration. Let's also remember that he was in a 3 way fight for P2 in the championship right until it's conclusion.
    On form, Paddon is at least the equal of both Mikkelsen and Neuville.

That said, I did comment when it was apparent Mikkelsen had no drive for 2017 that Nandan should be getting his cheque book out.
    I agree. Sometimes others are just in better form. You have the likes of Ogier, Neuville and Meeke who are always going to be fast unless they run into problems, then you have the other up and coming drivers who just seem to have a better run atm. So even if you are doing an average job you look a bit lost and that goes for Paddon and all the other drivers who currently look a bit disappointing, maybe apart from Levebvre who seems to have to spend a bit more time in WRC2 to get to the level of the others.

In short, you have a set of roughly 10 '17 spec word rally cars and somebody will have to fill the lower positions even if they are not doing particularly bad.
    Last edited by Watson; 20th April 2017 at 13:54.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Clark @voiceofrally
    With @HMSGOfficial allowing Mikkelsen to test the i20, I can almost feel the concern in Paris and Puuppola. More offers coming his way?
    Just when did Andreas Mikkelsen become Sebastien Ogier?

6. Likes: Rally Power (20th April 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Just when did Andreas Mikkelsen become Sebastien Ogier?
    its colin clark... the fact that you value his opinion is a bit worrying.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    They same that form is temporary ... and it is. In reality Paddon's results in the 4 opening rounds are, Sweden aside, identical to last year. And Sweden was an aberration. Let's also remember that he was in a 3 way fight for P2 in the championship right until it's conclusion.
    On form, Paddon is at least the equal of both Mikkelsen and Neuville.
    First 4 rounds last year for Paddon:
    crash, 2., 5. 1.
    first 4 rounds this year:
    crash, 7., 5. ,6

4th event is Corsica this year instead of Argentina. Still not really identical.
    "form" is how you drive during last few rounds. Not how you drove 6 months ago. Clearly Paddon does not have same "form" as Neuville this year. 0 stage wins compared with 20 for Neuville speak for themselves. It's not really possible to compare him with Mikkelsen when last time they drove same class was 6 months ago.

9. Likes: Rally Power (20th April 2017)
    Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    First 4 rounds last year for Paddon:
    crash, 2., 5. 1.
    first 4 rounds this year:
    crash, 7., 5. ,6

4th event is Corsica this year instead of Argentina. Still not really identical.
    "form" is how you drive during last few rounds. Not how you drove 6 months ago. Clearly Paddon does not have same "form" as Neuville this year. 0 stage wins compared with 20 for Neuville speak for themselves. It's not really possible to compare him with Mikkelsen when last time they drove same class was 6 months ago.
    I am looking forward to the event where Paddon can have a mechanical trouble free run, his overall pace and position prior to power steering failures hasn't been too bad

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Half the cars sold in Norway now are hybrid/ electric http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7615556.html Would the Norwegian public prefer to see Norwegian drivers in hybrid or electric WRC cars?

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    How is that related to Andreas Mikkelsen? It's interesting question for sure (especially because the car market in Norway is anything but free competition) but it shall be asked in appropriate thread.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump