Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
    MJW

2008 Wales Rally GB - official thread

I would like to kick off the 2008 WRGB thread - here is the local forecast for Tuesday at Aberystwyth (recce day for the stages Mid Wales stages). Its light snow showers and 5 degrees daytime, 3 degrees night time, wind from the North.
    Aberystyth itself is a seaside town so it should be colder on the mountains.
    Here's hoping for a littel bit of winter!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    snow, yeah cool! only been going to rallies/into rallying, since 2003. Always wet in wales, which I don`t mind, but bit of snow would be nice. will be bit cooler than my trips to spain and germany (sooo hot!) this year.

roll on next week, cant wait!!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Yeah a bit of snow would be nice I agree. I will be in Hafren on Friday morning I'm definately looking forward to it.

I expect Loeb to be on it this year. You have to think he is going to want to win in Wales for the first time. With the drivers title wrapped up I am expecting him to tick off one of the final boxes in his WRC career. Hopefully Citroen wont slow him down to get the manu title like in '03.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Yeah a bit of snow would be nice I agree. I will be in Hafren on Friday morning I'm definately looking forward to it.

I expect Loeb to be on it this year. You have to think he is going to want to win in Wales for the first time. With the drivers title wrapped up I am expecting him to tick off one of the final boxes in his WRC career. Hopefully Citroen wont slow him down to get the manu title like in '03.
    I agree, hoping for a Loeb win, and subaru on the podium yes, Im a dreamer !!!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I expect Valentino to finish on podium...no I am not a dreamer :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I expect Valentino to finish on podium...no I am not a dreamer :
    Why do you think I am spectating at the first stage this year Pino!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Why do you think I am spectating at the first stage this year Pino!
    At the first meters I suppose.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think Valentino will finish in case it rains. I hope he gets in the top 10, but it's all up to him and the conditions. The muddyest, the hardest it will be for him.

For some reason, I believe Rossi would do great on asphalt. He has shown speed on the Monza show and in New Zealand, there you get as fast as on tarmac. Hasn't he considered going next year for Corsica or Catalunya rally?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Didnt go last year and my car broke down after one stage in 06 so im really looking forward to this rally!

We've decided to keep it simple this year so there's no rushing to stages. On friday it will be both runs through Sweet Lamb Before going to Walters Arena for the night stages, gotta wrap up warm though the forcast is for snow at the moment. Saturday will be both runs through Resolfen, then the stage in the Millennium Stadium and then sunday will be both runs through Port Talbot.

Tickets have cost £111 so far the robbing bast@rds. We wont be going to it next year, we are planning on going to Spain where the stages are free to watch

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    You sleeping in your car then Ally?
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman