Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just one thing.....since it is a tender, and as such should be strictly regulated with no indication of preference from the issuer of that tender....there should not be a 'favourite'.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    If it ever happens Ferrari will say Bye Bye F1, welcome real racing.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Just one thing.....since it is a tender, and as such should be strictly regulated with no indication of preference from the issuer of that tender....there should not be a 'favourite'.
    But in any tender it is perfectly possible — and, I feel, reasonable — for others outside the process, such as journalists and analysts, to make an assessment as to who the favourite is.

My interest in F1 would wane completely in the event of a standard engine formula. Ferrari's objections are absolutely right.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems that FIA & Mosley are keen on destroying F1 for reasons best known to themselves.

When you think about it, most teams manufacture their own engines by choice with only four constructors (Williams, Force India, Red Bull and Toro Rosso) acquiring 'customer engines' where Ferrari, McLaren-Mercedes, BMW Sauber, Renault, Toyota & Honda manufacture their own engines. Obviously if it's six versus four then why on earth is there an attempt to appease the four?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Obviously teams make conscience decisions. Lotus decided to acquire customer engines as opposed to manufacturing their own. The only time Ferrari collaborated with anyone (I believe once with Massariti & another time with FIAT before the latter's eventual take-over of Ferrari) on an engine, but the rules in F1 have always been that you must design+build your own chassis minus the engine+transmission. Naturally teams decide what is the best path to take, not FIA or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    But in any tender it is perfectly possible — and, I feel, reasonable — for others outside the process, such as journalists and analysts, to make an assessment as to who the favourite is.

My interest in F1 would wane completely in the event of a standard engine formula. Ferrari's objections are absolutely right.
    Well, yes, my point exactly....it's nothing more than a hunch by a journalist. To claim that Illmor is favoured is just a guess, so not really a news story.

Now, if the FIA had gone on record as saying that the favourite for the tender is Illmor, then that would be a news story!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    F1 is dying a horrible death with this and the medals. I am very saddened.
    Formula 1

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    What happens when/if the tender is awarded? The FIA haven't (yet) imposed a standard engine formula on the teams and discussions appear to be going on on that front, so say Ilmor (or whoever) "win" what will they have "won"? The title of Pawn in a Political Game perhaps?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't see it happening. I think this is just the FIA pushing their weight around to force the teams into finding a compromise everyone is satisfied with.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    medals and standard engines = madness

what we will actually get as a compromise should hopefully be far closer to sanity, i hope the FIA and Bernie are only playing with the teams to get their less radical proposals through the back door, although part of me hopes everything goes through and the teams leave, leaving the FIA and Bernie with nothing to market and start defaulting on their contracts with circuits - how will Bernie cope when he owes the circuits for not being able to deliver the priomised F1 races as per the contract!
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.