Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Kimi got everything that Ferrari could give him and became a WDC because his team mate gifted him a win in the decisive race.

Now, tell us when did MS win the WDC because his team mate gave up a win in front of his own crowd!
    You're comparing apples and oranges ioan The Schumacher era at Ferrari was very different to the Kimi/Felipe era we see now.

Whether it is Kimi under-performing or Felipe exceeding expectations (and it's a bit of both IMHO) Ferrari do not have the clear 'lead' driver they had for a decade.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    You're comparing apples and oranges ioan The Schumacher era at Ferrari was very different to the Kimi/Felipe era we see now.

Whether it is Kimi under-performing or Felipe exceeding expectations (and it's a bit of both IMHO) Ferrari do not have the clear 'lead' driver they had for a decade.
    Fair point. There is a grey area here however.
    Ferrari havn't brought a pilot of his talent on board in the last two millenniums. Plus Mike helped developement. Kimi took the biggesr shyte in recorded history last season!IMHO
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I was comparing last season, 2007, not the 2008 one and IMO Ferrari gave Kimi all the support they could give him, as they did with MS.
    I think it was a realistic comparison.

What we see now is different, but last year it wasn't like this year, not at all. But it was the case at McLaren who without any doubt put everything on Hamilton.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

I was comparing last season, 2007, not the 2008 one and IMO Ferrari gave Kimi all the support they could give him, as they did with MS.
    I think it was a realistic comparison.
    I don't disagree that Ferrari gave him all the support they could, but I do think he came to Ferrari as a very different person to the one he was "replacing". He also joined a changing Ferrari team. IMHO both of those factors point to this Ferrari not being Kimi's team in the way it used to be Michael's team whether we're talking about 2007 or 2008.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't disagree that Ferrari gave him all the support they could, but I do think he came to Ferrari as a very different person to the one he was "replacing". He also joined a changing Ferrari team. IMHO both of those factors point to this Ferrari not being Kimi's team in the way it used to be Michael's team whether we're talking about 2007 or 2008.
    Wait a moment.
    The discussion was about Ferrari's support to their drivers, and I don't see why I'm contradicted when I say that they supported him as much as possible.

The fact that Kimi didn't manage to attract the teams attention like Michael did, that isn't something the team could have changed as no 2 people are identical.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Here has been a talk about purposeful hirings of "second-rate" drivers in top teams and Fisichella was brought as an example. Well, this is not true. If you recall those days, then before joining Renault Fisichella was an extremely highly rated driver, many considered him to be a genuine top driver. Also Webber - highly rated then and also now - got an offer from Renault. So Renault certainly wasn't looking for an average driver to fill their second seat for 2005 and beyond.

About Felipe-Kimi-Fred triangle for 2010. I have noticed that the widely-acknowledged assumption is that it's Räikkönen, who will be replaced if the Alonso-scenario takes place. But I wonder, why is it expected to be him to release the seat, not Massa, whose contract termination would be cheaper?

About Alonso's demands for #2 driver for 2010 and beyond... Well, I don't know if it's a true impression, but at least it seems so that Alonso has changed a bit during 2008. In 2006 (and before) he criticized his team a bit, did it also last year, but in 2008 despite a difficult year his attitude seems to have changed. We may endlessly discuss about, who was right or wrong in 2007, but I suspect the experience Alonso gained from that year has taught him something - and now he seems to be more respectful.

As has been expressed in the past, I would like to see him at Ferrari. Or at least hopefully he won't drive at Renault for the rest of his career, which he has been doing quite a lot already, and wants a new challenge. Changes in line-ups are always exciting to watch.

The fact that Kimi didn't manage to attract the teams attention like Michael did, that isn't something the team could have changed as no 2 people are identical.
    Which is essentially what I'm saying Two different drivers, and different circumstances in the team. But you asked...:
    Now, tell us when did MS win the WDC because his team mate gave up a win in front of his own crowd!
    We all know the answer to that but...two different drivers, and different circumstances makes it like comparing apples and oranges IMHO.

Still, with Santander switching to Ferrari, it will be interesting to see if Fernando does make the move to Maranello in 2010 and whether he secures the #1 status he expects.