Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    IMO Berger proved he can do a better work than whoever is managing the RB team.
    A race win for any team boss is a fantastic achievement.

But he, unlike the other 9 people directing F1 teams, doesn't have to manage a team that actually:
    - Does the Research and development for the car
    - Designs of the car
    - Builds the car

He just had to organise a group of people who modify an already fundamentally good car, which IMO is a significantly lesser task than other chassis constructors.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    what happend to where Gerhard Berger was looking for some one to buy the other 50% of Dietrich share.

now that red bull has taken back control could one of the redbull drivers be on there way back Scott Speed or Vitantonio Liuzzi

IS there really a god?????
    Scottie Not Speed to come back???
    The fastest painted toenails in the world!!
    Amen
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Careful! You're going to give every American member on this board a collective hard-on.

Quiet---Mama thinks I am in love again

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Speed won't come back to F1, Red Bull has him locked in at Nascar now.

Get rid of those negative vibes

Interesting. I guess one day we'll know the truth about what happened there. Maybe its just that Gerhard needs the money back in his main business now that the economic situation is looking to be worsening everywhere.

IMO Berger proved he can do a better work than whoever is managing the RB team.
    As for you lot who are criticizing him for getting rid of Scott "no" Speed and Liuzzi, just think about it, neither SS nor VL would have been able to win a race for STR.
    How dare you, you should be banned (again!!)
    Said the same about Hamilton winning a WDC, so your credibilty is ...... shot to pieces

As to my hero, the fastest painted toenail in the world....

excuse me, i got to go remedy a small problem......darling honey, come here.....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    A race win for any team boss is a fantastic achievement.

But he, unlike the other 9 people directing F1 teams, doesn't have to manage a team that actually:
    - Does the Research and development for the car
    - Designs of the car
    - Builds the car

He just had to organise a group of people who modify an already fundamentally good car, which IMO is a significantly lesser task than other chassis constructors.
    Going by your logic the smaller the team easier the job!
    How can you than compare any of the managers from the smaller teams with those from the top teams who have 10x the number of employees?

Team managers don't build the car, don't do the research themselves either, they got delegates who supervise those aspects.

The team manager manages the money, sets the goals and motivates the team to achieve those goals. It's basically the same for all of them, and all I'm saying that with everything else being the same Berger did a better job than Horner.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Going by your logic the smaller the team easier the job!
    How can you than compare any of the managers from the smaller teams with those from the top teams who have 10x the number of employees?
    The job is far easier when you don't have to manage the resources to actually build the car. The job is dramatically easier when you have a good car pre-made for them.

See: Super Aguri.

Team managers don't build the car, don't do the research themselves either, they got delegates who supervise those aspects.
    I did know this.

The team manager manages the money, sets the goals and motivates the team to achieve those goals. It's basically the same for all of them, and all I'm saying that with everything else being the same Berger did a better job than Horner.
    I didn't say he didn't. But his task of oversight is much lesser than every other team boss due to the reasons I mentioned, making his role easier than most others IMO.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The job is far easier when you don't have to manage the resources to actually build the car. The job is dramatically easier when you have a good car pre-made for them.

I did know this.

I didn't say he didn't. But his task of oversight is much lesser than every other team boss due to the reasons I mentioned, making his role easier than most others IMO.
    Never mind.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    ^Senna's more likely to end up in the Honda IMO.

This is good news, Bergers ability to manage drivers has been woeful.
    Though one cannot deny his success in F1 outside of being a driver.

Williams peaked their relationship with Berger as one of the leading players, and whilst I cannot say his driver management has been perfect, it has worked well, and STR, with him leading the team, have made huge progress.

Certainly, there are a lot of other factors involved in this, but one cannot deny the correlation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did know this.

To be fair Mallen, STR have a fraction of the budget of the big teams. That doesn't mean its easy for the big teams because they have a near limitless pot of resources. Its just a different skillset involved.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

STR stake bought back by Mateschitz

Well, now that there is no ownership stake by Gerhard Berger, perhaps somebody in Red Bull can fire Franz Tost the next time he opens his mouth and publicly criticizes the team's drivers. That incident from last season was one of the most publicly unprofessional incidents I have ever seen in Formula 1. Tost should have been fired immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by gshevlin
    Tost should have been fired immediately.

right out of a 155mm cannon, arseend up...