Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dyfi1
    My bad, it`s http://www.martymccormack.com , one `r` in McCormack. Sorry.
    Thanks for the videos they will be really helpful. You dont happen to know which of the 2008 videos is Hafren do you (top or bottom)? I cant find the stage details for the rally on the internet anywhere.

I am thinking maybe the top one on the 2008 page (Stage 3) - the hairpin right at the very end?
    http://www.rallymax.tv/martymccomack..._mid_wales.htm
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @ Simmi

The hairpin in the video is not the one on WRGB Hafren stage. It is very similar though. I recced the hairpin myself a couple of week ends ago..... IMHO only average viewing.

@ Simmi

The hairpin in the video is not the one on WRGB Hafren stage. It is very similar though. I recced the hairpin myself a couple of week ends ago..... IMHO only average viewing.
    Thanks dyfi1. The spectator areas do tend to be only average from a viewing perspective. The only reason I ask is because that is where I will be entering the stage. Did you see if there was anything before or beyond the hairpin that looked decent?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @ Simmi

After the hairpin the road follows the valley floor, and it`s wooded. Above the hairpin, and beyond where the spectators car park road comes out, is a dissused quarry and a very fast crest/ kink left which is the start of the long down hill to the hairpin. The road steepens for last 30mts into hairpin. 200mts beyond the disused quarry is a long long left hander..... but that`ll be beyond the tapes no doubt.

@ Simmi

After the hairpin the road follows the valley floor, and it`s wooded. Above the hairpin, and beyond where the spectators car park road comes out, is a dissused quarry and a very fast crest/ kink left which is the start of the long down hill to the hairpin. The road steepens for last 30mts into hairpin. 200mts beyond the disused quarry is a long long left hander..... but that`ll be beyond the tapes no doubt.
    Thanks for the info mate that's just what I wanted to know I appreciate it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Thanks for the info mate that's just what I wanted to know I appreciate it.
    Glad to help. Incidentaly, Myherin stage starts off A44 just below Eisteddfa Gurig and goes into `Pikes Peak` style with with wide hairpin after wide hairpin. great viewing, but there seems to be no spectator access....... and then goes straight over Cefn Croes towards the wind farm. All open moorland.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Glad to help. Incidentaly, Myherin stage starts off A44 just below Eisteddfa Gurig and goes into `Pikes Peak` style with with wide hairpin after wide hairpin. great viewing, but there seems to be no spectator access....... and then goes straight over Cefn Croes towards the wind farm. All open moorland.
    The best parts of stages are normally Non Spectator nowadays - you get sent to the same tired old junctions/sections. C'mon - give us some variety, please!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???