Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    I don´t like being the devil´s advocate here but I think it´s the teams that came up with this silly idea not FIA
    So not another Bernie "brainwave" then

Honestly, theres nothing wrong with the current format, infact there was nothing wrong with the old 1 hour 12 lap format
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    I don´t like being the devil´s advocate here but I think it´s the teams that came up with this silly idea not FIA
    Good point. Goes on to show that everybody with some kind of leading role in F1 seems to be retarded
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Yeah, lets all add points to medals. It just keeps getting worse!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Am I the only one, who starts feeling that with all those proposed changes (cars, medals, quali), the long-waited F1 2009 may turn into a farce rather than what everyone hoped for - a great improvement over what we have had so far?

With this proposal a qualifying session wouldn't be qualifying any more as with multiple laps in a row this would more likely be a minirace. Tyre conserving and other factors like that would come into play. Starting with "equal fuel" - hm, some engines may be thurstier, so some cars will have less fuel than others by the end of session. Obviously this is the explanation for word "equality" by FOTA. 20 cars on the track at the same time? Why is this so important for organizers? We couldn't possibly follow all of them simultaneously anyway and they would only distract each other.

Since 2003 F1 has gradually developed into a circus rather than a sport just to create some fun and mess, not to clarify the best. Is there any stopping?

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    just thought I shouldn´t let this thread go on the second page, as a sign of respect for the one that started it. a great man IMO.