Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S2000 Database

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eppel
    Sixty 207 Super 2000s have been sold to date according to Peugeot Sport!
    So where they can make more money: WRC/S2000?
    With live Eurosport coverage great results..

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    So where they can make more money: WRC/S2000?
    With live Eurosport coverage great results..
    Good point. I don't know whether the factories are operating with a profit margin on sales of S2000 cars or they are simply selling them in order to increase promotion of the brand, but if they are operating at a profit then it could perhaps go a long way to funding the factory teams IRC campaigns. Nice business model

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Then the team have made cars searchable by prod year !!

I am still missing results by class (N4) if they compete elsewhere than in IRC, since for example Sandell is registered with 12th from Rally Norway, but won the class.
    (and his car must be a 08 model, since it was a 00 car then !) ;-)

The results are also hard to track, since they are not in the news section, and the latest added result is not a link that give you any info. I guess the only way you can find the results is by knowing what cars competed in each rally, and most of us dont know that.

This database is turning into a very good tool, and with a couple of more updates it will be perfect !!

Thanks to the team that are using their spare time for the rest of us petrolheads !!!
    Anyone from the S2000DB team that could comment, on what your plans are and if you would like comments or suggestions from the users, here or another way ?

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Can someone tell me if there are two versions of the Sadev gearbox? By the S2000database some cars with the Sadev gearbox have a centre differential (Abarth, Toyota, VW, Ford = front, rear and centre diff) but Pug only front and rear diff. This has been discussed sometimes earlier but I’m just wondering why Pug doesn’t use the centre diff because it makes the car more difficult in turns when at least one front and one rear wheel are always spinning at the same speed. I can’t be because of weight saving because by the S2000 regulations the gearbox has a min. weight.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I have discussed this with my friend whose family runs Abarth some time a go and he told me that the main reason in his opinion was lower power losses while the variant with central differential was not that much better in handling (every gear means 1-2% of lost power). The weight saving is now not much important since S2000 must have 1200 kg now and all of them are lighter.

I also asked if gearboxes are same for Abarth and Peugeots and he told me that it wasn't possible to fit gearbox from Peugeot into Abarth and vice versa although inside they are almost same.

As fas as I know Škoda was testing both variants and decided for 2 differential scheme which was better. Škoda uses X-Trac and they also have both variants (I think that at least MG has 3 differentials). Abarth also started using X-Trac with only 2 differentials in 09 evolution (I think that Basso made it's international premiere in Monte Carlo while Scandola used it already in autumn in some local Italian event).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]I have discussed this with my friend whose family runs Abarth some time a go and he told me that the main reason in his opinion was lower power losses while the variant with central differential was not that much better in handling (every gear means 1-2% of lost power). The weight saving is now not much important since S2000 must have 1200 kg now and all of them are lighter.

I also asked if gearboxes are same for Abarth and Peugeots and he told me that it wasn't possible to fit gearbox from Peugeot into Abarth and vice versa although inside they are almost same.

As fas as I know Škoda was testing both variants and decided for 2 differential scheme which was better. Škoda uses X-Trac and they also have both variants (I think that at least MG has 3 differentials). Abarth also started using X-Trac with only 2 differentials in 09 evolution (I think that Basso made it's international premiere in Monte Carlo while Scandola used it already in autumn in some local Italian event).
    Thanks Mirek,

It seems that lack of centre diff don’t have so great impact on the handling that I thought it would have.

I calculated from a dyno graph (Mitsubishi Evo 9, grp N) that the power loss in transmission is about 16%. Peak power from the engine = 202,7 kW = 276 hp, peak power from the wheels = 170 kW = 231 hp => power loss = 32 kW = 43,5 hp, which is quite a lot.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I think that with that much higher rpm the losses may be even bigger in percentage.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

MG Project

Is the MG S2000 project dead, or is MSD working both MG and Opel these days?

If I look at the activity on the MG's in 2009, not many rallies has been done, thats why I ask.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abarth
    Is the MG S2000 project dead, or is MSD working both MG and Opel these days?

If I look at the activity on the MG's in 2009, not many rallies has been done, thats why I ask.
    Bill Gwynne Motorsport have supposedly taken over the project. Mark Higgins was at the Goodwood FOS in a car and he is supposed to be doing the IRC round in Scotland in the MG. Pete Stephenson has done several gravel rallies in his MG this year.