Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    What an abomination! Absolutely hideous and will take some getting used to.

If the racing is going to be awesome then all will be forgiven....

well, some but not all!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Looks like a cross between an Formula BMW car, the 2004 Williams and the '2000 Ferrari with better sidepods. Plus the wing off of a 1991 car lol. Looks strange.

I'm not going to say I don't like it but it's a dramatic difference.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    What's your gripe? Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward.

Sure, the rear wing looks ugly, but everything else is razor sharp. The massive front wing, slick tires, and clean body makes for an impressive profile. Remember that aesthetics are not the purpose for 2009's newly revamped cars, it is racing!

Champ Car (with slicks, hardly any aero, and massive wings). If you can keep a straight face and tell me that car looks better than this one...

I can understand your argument about looks not being everything...you're right it is about the racing at the end of the day. However, these might not be the implementations to make it happen. There have been seasons in the past before all the aero pieces where teams dominated (i.e. 1988, 1992, 1996 & 1997, 2002...). I'm just suprised that people think this is going to make it better when 2008 wasn't that bad to begin with. This is not Oval racing where everyone is going to have a chance to win. O, and just to clarify, 2009 is all about costs and money, nothing to do with racing; if it was about racing then we wouldn't have lost Canada under the circumstances we did.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i just don't like the front wing being that wide, other than that, i can get used to the rear wing and definitely prefer the disappearance of all those winglets.
    cy bais

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    she looks beautiful - I can't wait - rake that gay crap off them and go racing!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    just a reminder of what we are going to miss

these look like the pinnacle of motorsports
    the 2009 car looks like a kit car.
    I was never a big fan of all the aero stick-on bits and pieces. They may have been the result of impressive, and expensive, work done in the windtunnel but they just illustrated the point that aero dominated above all else, and damaged the racing in the process.

Years ago Gilles Villeneuve said:
    "I love motor racing. To me it's a sport, not a technical exercise. My ideal Formula One car would be something like a McLaren M23 with a big normally aspirated engine, 800 hp, 21 inch rear tyres. A lot of people say we should have narrower tires, but I don't agree
    because you need big tyres to slow you down when you spin. And you need a lot of horsepower to unstick big tyres, to make the cars slide. That would be a bloody fantastic spectacle, I can tell you. We would take corners one gear lower than we do now, and get the cars sideways. You know, people still rave about Ronnie Peterson in a Lotus 72, and I understand that. I agree with them. That's the kind of entertainment I want to give the crowds. Smoke the tyres ! Yeah !

I [care about the fans], because I used to be one of them ! I believe the crowd is really losing out at the moment, and that's bad."
    Almost 30yrs on and we're still losing out. They still haven't got the cars right IMHO. The 2009 version not only looks ugly but the FIA's own technical consultant Tony Purnell has said
    "I expect the 2009 car will have quite a lot of downforce – perhaps 70 or 80 per cent of last year’s level – and I suspect that may mean the aero rules do little for racing...aerodynamics is probably the worst thing you can have when it comes to close racing.”
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I like it. The back looks a little strange but it's OK without all the silly bits coming off it
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this is not 2009. is a 2008 car fitted with some 2009 wings. the new cars will look better

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodf1fun
    this is not 2009. is a 2008 car fitted with some 2009 wings. the new cars will look better
    Just take a closer look to the nose section (see how wide and high it is compared to the 2008 car?) and you'll see that this is not the 2008 car.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    gievn a clean piece of paper, whats to say that all the teams will tuen up looking like the BMW - sure there will be some common elements, but others may take a slightly different approach and for me that is exciting. the car may look a little simple in its current interim form, but you can bet it will be cleaned up prior to the start of the next season.

i do think the new cars will take a bot of getting used to, but the innovation is still there, the constrained rules just mean they will have to work for it elsewhere and maximise different parts
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.