Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Racing has become big business.

There is no way that NASCAR would let one of it's top drivers to skip their awards Ceremony to test another series car.

The NASCAR Awards Ceremony is a big deal. It is Televised live in the US and is built around an entire week of press conferences and driver appearance in New Your City.

I may not agree with it but I understand it.
    Actually, a few years ago Jeff Gordon did skip the Sprint Cup awards ceremony to compete in the Race of Champions.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Not in the world of NASCAR.

In the world of NASCAR their drivers are the best.

In the world of NASCAR Their cars are the cutting edge of motorsports technology.

In the world of NASCAR F1 is a glorified Karting series.

In the world of NASCAR...NASCAR is racing.
    Ah, yes, 'the car of Tomorrow!!'

Saying that, each Racing series can only see their own little world.

Kyle certainly deserves a Test in an F1 car. He might not have won the Cup, but he's probably the best/most talented driver in Nascar, silly points system notwithstanding.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The point system didn't cost him the championship. He choked on his own merits.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nascar driver deserves f1 test? who says that? lol

Going round and round on a circuit with a car that is totally different in terms on design-speed, don't make someone good for f1.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    and it doesn't mean that he's not going to be any good at it either!

Loeb drives along pretty forest trails and relies on someone telling him when to turn and when to break, but he did ok in his F1 test. You don't see Rossi freaking out because he's got twice as many wheel as normal.

When they start giving celebrity chefs F1 tests just because they won a pastry competition then I'll agree that it's different discipline and maybe not deserving.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    and it doesn't mean that he's not going to be any good at it either!

Loeb drives along pretty forest trails and relies on someone telling him when to turn and when to break, but he did ok in his F1 test. You don't see Rossi freaking out because he's got twice as many wheel as normal.

When they start giving celebrity chefs F1 tests just because they won a pastry competition then I'll agree that it's different discipline and maybe not deserving.

Yeah and then there was that test at Indy where Gordon drove the mac and JPM dorve the nascar car, seems Gordon did ok for what was just some sort of set up "speed TV"----vaguely i recall his times were not too far off the pace of the same cars at the race (from the year before, as he was using an older model car) while JPM had the more difiicult time matching Gordon's speed on the road course in the nascar but i could be wrong as it was sooo long ago and far away.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sure you can find the videos on Youtube. Gordon was at the cusp of the 107% rule in a car that was setup for a shakedown. Montoya says that he had to lobby Williams to let Gordon have all the RPMs at his disposal.