Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    no i didn't.

bunsen forgot the season.

the honda guys got a generic rating.

largely out of sympathy, so i didn't have to single one of the poor buggers out.
    That's not fair! he deserved a mention for setting the car alight after the race yesterday.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Why do you slag Piquet and yet put him above Bourdais who supposedly deserves the second chance saloon?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    because bourdais actually outraced his team mate quite a few times through the year, especially in the first half.

he also put in some very fast practice and qualifying laps and he was incredibly impressive as Spa, which is regarded by the drivers as a true test of a driver.

the only time piquet outraced his team mate was when a kooky race strategy paid off. once.

and the biggest help he gave his team mate all year was when he crashed in singapore...
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    besides, they'll probably be together in toro rosso next year anyway, so we can see if their second seasons are any better...

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    OK!! what about Taku and ant?

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    because bourdais actually outraced his team mate quite a few times through the year, especially in the first half.

he also put in some very fast practice and qualifying laps and he was incredibly impressive as Spa, which is regarded by the drivers as a true test of a driver.

the only time piquet outraced his team mate was when a kooky race strategy paid off. once.

and the biggest help he gave his team mate all year was when he crashed in singapore...
    then surely you should've ranked Bourdais ahead of Piquet

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bourdais could have had more points at the end of the tally - the engine meltdown in Melbourne from 4th, falling from 3rd to 7th at Spa on the dries, getting the bogus penalty at Japan, or failing to engage from the grid at Monza through no fault of his own. He made it to Q3 six times to Piquet's three.

Whereas Piquet lucked into most of his points and was woefully out of his depth in comparison to Alonso. The only driver in the field to not have outqualified his teammate on one occasion. Failed to advance from Q1 six times, three of the last eleven races when Alonso only twice got stuck in Q2.

Bourdais was better matched for Vettel with the older car before the new upgrade, but he was in a place where the younger Seb just had one of those years when a driver transcends his machinery. Bourdais was better than ordinary and IMO far deserves his place on the grid in the future more than Piquet based on what I saw this year.

I think Vettel is one of the two best but Hamilton should be up there almost as much - he did win the title after all.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I'm surprised that Junior is still racing in F1 next year.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am maybe conservative, but I think that FM and LH were the best.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    then surely you should've ranked Bourdais ahead of Piquet
    it wasn't ranked. the order, apart from the first few went in teams or as i thought of their performances.

because their team mates were 1 and 2, they were kinda orphans.

besides, telling one to go home and saying the other was worthy of another shot seems self explanatory, doesn't it?