Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FFS Markabilly, he was just trying to stay on the road!

he said later he had no idea he was the keystone in the title race, so how that translates into helping hamilton i have no idea.

his lap time was no different to his team mate's and, given nobody else was on dry tyres, he's the only valid comparison.

Toyota didn't make a mistake by leaving him on dry tyres. It might have made him look silly at the end, but Toyota moved up one place because of it and that extra point is worth serious money. It was a very smart move.

Oh, and last point in Kubica unlapping himself: real good thinking, because in a race where he struggled to pass a braking point, he was thinking that in half a lap he could catch and pass Kimi, Alonso and Massa to get back on the lead lap? Please, people, think a bit before posting!

how can so many people look reason and reality in the face and come up with conspiracy?

only possible answer: because you want to.

why? because it's easier than doing what Massa so classily did: sucking it up and losing with dignity.

He is to be applauded. some folks here should be derided. if only the mods would let us...
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Glock/Toyota paid off to slow on the last lap?

Quote Originally Posted by bowers
    He lost over 15 seconds on that last lap and seemingly slowed down right at the very last corner to a snails pace. Does anyone else find that worthy of some kind of inquest. It smells extremely fishy.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowers
    He lost over 15 seconds on that last lap and seemingly slowed down right at the very last corner to a snails pace. Does anyone else find that worthy of some kind of inquest. It smells extremely fishy.
    bowers

solution:

Attachment 2075

any questions?...
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The dry "grooved" tyres have been known to work in damp conditions before, but they would have to have a lot of groove left (as explained earlier, the tread moving around creates a lot of tyre heat and keeps the tyres in the operating window). As far as I remember, Glock changed to a 1 stop strategy before half distance. His tread must have been almost worn through (extra tyre wear because the earlier rain kept washing the rubber off, leaving a rough road surface throughout the race). With rubber that needs a higher operating temperature (harder compound) and not having the the grooves left to keep the temp up in damp/wet conditions, the tyre performance would drop dramatically. Difference between driving on sticky rubber and hard plastic is about 20s per minute lost.

Just look back at Spa when all the dry-runners were going 40s slower than the inter-runners on the last lap.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Do I win a prize?

I predicted that when I logged on to the forum today there'd be a pathetic thread moaning about Glock and consipracy theories
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I seriously don't see what people's problems is. Would you not be asking questions if the shoe was on the other foot?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Well bowers, the evidence seems to suggest Glock/Toyota weren't paid off. But don't give up, there are other angles you can try to develop.

hint - the timing and location of the clowd burst on the last lap seems quite suspicious.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    And the CIA shot John F Kennedy.
    Good grief. Charlie Brown.
    Actually Lyndon Johnson has Kennedy shot.

Congrats to Lewis and congrats to Massa for staying on the track one time when it rained!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wonder if Trulli was paid also, so Glock didnt look stupid. This dispells any theory.. Both Toyota's last lap times were 8-10s off the leaders.. argument closed.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Anyone heard whether Timo made it out of Brazil or not ?

Cross him off the list of those who will drive for Ferrari .

Kinda weak in the conspiracy theory concept here . I'm quite sure we can do better than this .

I think Fousto had something to do with it . You know how much of a Lewis fan he is .

Did you threaten to slip a diamondback in Timo's slippers , cowboy ?