Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh, hell.

can't someone just win and someone just lose the championship around here?

there's been enough of this rot all year.

if you're not aware enough to see that both toyotas were on slicks (and i even predicted to my GP buddies, when everyone pitted, that toyota or bmw were most likely to stay out), then don't bother commenting.

it rained hard at one end of the circuit. he had no grip. his lap time on the last lap was comparable to his team mate's, also on dry tyres.

sometimes, it happens that way.

he did well to finish sixth because, if you examine it, he lost a further six or seven seconds on the straight sprint from there to the flag, so almost half the slower lap time you're talking about happened after hamilton overtook him.

if you want an inquiry, you could also ask what the lapped BMW was doing joining the fight for fifth between hamilton and vettel, but that wouldn't suit the argument, would it?
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Suspicious move, but everyone was fine with Kimi moving over the other week, why should it matter if it's a different team?

Glock was certainly slow all the way up the hill so might have had a problem but the only thing we can do is wait for the official word from Toyota.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowers
    There was no evidence of it raining harder on that last lap. The Toyota of Glock was pulling faster/equal times than Lewis up until that final lap. How can you deny that there is a possibility of something like that happening? There are millions perhaps billions of dollars at stake, I think it's foolish to think that something like that can not happen until we see some evidence of it not happening. It's a possibility and I expect someone will say something in the press soon, probably Alonso. Obviously you'd need to see the on-board or telemetry of Glock to get a good idea.
    You're not ioans ugly and rather dense cousin are you?

Obviously Toyota are worried about the credit crunch and are looking to sell everything to Mercedes and retire from f1. That would explain it

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowers
    There was no evidence of it raining harder on that last lap. The Toyota of Glock was pulling faster/equal times than Lewis up until that final lap. How can you deny that there is a possibility of something like that happening? There are millions perhaps billions of dollars at stake, I think it's foolish to think that something like that can not happen until we see some evidence of it not happening. It's a possibility and I expect someone will say something in the press soon, probably Alonso. Obviously you'd need to see the on-board or telemetry of Glock to get a good idea.
    no evidence apart form the rain you mean, and the slow sector times all lap, virtually identical to the other car on drys.

why in the world would Toyota ever even consider accepting a bribe, even if you entertain the thought that one was offered.

i suggest you check the splits on the last lap, and the fact that it was soaking and dark by the time the cars got round the slowing down lap
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Trulli, as has been said, also slowed on the last lap and lost a place. Glock's last lap was 1:44.731 (sector 1: 24.8/s2: 54.7/s3:25.0); Trulli's last lap was 1:44.800 (s1: 26.1/s2: 55.7/s3: 22.8)

Both Toyotas, indeed, ended up.... still where they would have been or better than if they had stopped for wet tyres. (Trulli ended up where he would have been, Glock was one place better). It may not have looked like it, but they still won the gamble even with their shocking final laps.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And the CIA shot John F Kennedy.
    Good grief. Charlie Brown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ferrari paid off Glock. They had money ready to pay off stewards, etc. and in all the confusion at the end they paid the wrong guy. Looks good on 'em.
    It's show time, maybe. :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    oh, hell.

if you're not aware enough to see that both toyotas were on slicks (and i even predicted to my GP buddies, when everyone pitted, that toyota or bmw were most likely to stay out), then don't bother commenting.

it rained hard at one end of the circuit. he had no grip. his lap time on the last lap was comparable to his team mate's, also on dry tyres.

he did well to finish sixth because, if you examine it, he lost a further six or seven seconds on the straight sprint from there to the flag, so almost half the slower lap time you're talking about happened after hamilton overtook him.

if you want an inquiry, you could also ask what the lapped BMW was doing joining the fight for fifth between hamilton and vettel, but that wouldn't suit the argument, would it?
    Try reading, nowhere in this thread have I said Glock was on rains... it's common knowledge he was on dry tires on his last stint. He was setting faster lap times on all but that last lap on his dry tires!!! Put your bias aside and think about it... at this point in time we don't know if he went off track (also a high possibility) but if he didn't, losing 15+ seconds on the last lap to a guy that was slower/equal to you can be considered suspicious right now.

Also Kubica joining the battle hampered Vettel way more than Hamilton as he actually fought with Vettel and casually strolled past Hamilton in an attempt to get his lap back (you know incase the safety car came out it would make a lot of sense to do that), but that is an absolute non-issue so why you're even bringing it up confuses me.
    -Salut Gilles -Sebastien Loeb = Best Living Driver
    -Planetf1.com SUCKS! -RIP Alan Kulwicki

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts

oh, hell.

" Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    oh, hell.

Most people know very well how dry tyres and a wet track work but it just seemed like Glock basically left the door open for Hamilton. Who knows. Perhaps his tyres just went off but he was very slow around the last couple of corners. As with a lot of these things it would be very difficult to prove anything of course I think it's a very fair view to have, just as I can perfectly understand why people are saying that it was just the wrong tyres on a track that was a bit wet. Who knows but I think the OP has a valid point
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.