Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SOD
    This woman should have been weeded out a long time ago as being unfit for public service. ok, she's probably perfect to be Governor of Alaska and thought that she needed no on the job training because she actually ran a small outpost.

bad move by McTurbo for picking her, it showed that they didnt vet this person properly. Should have pciked Lieberman as his running mate.
    I would put Palin as one of the most fit persons on the planet to govern.

Definately much better than anyone in Europe by far except Berlusconi.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Lieberman was never considered.
    Aside from the War on Terrorism and Israel, Liberman is as Liberal as they come. This would have alienated what little of the conservative base that was hanging around.
    Those in the McCain camp claim that Lieberman was considered by McCain, and his top advisors (Schmidt in particular) wanted Palin. McCain himself didn't know Sarah Palin from Daffy Duck. But I agree: the social conservatives, neocons and Evangelicals would have slit their wrists in warm baths before supporting a pro-choice Jew from the Northeast.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

I just wish that Obama's background and speeches had been investigated as much as Palin's...or at least Joe the Plumber's
    If there was a stoned left unturned on Obama's background, I'd be amazed. I mean, they pretty much went back to when he was 8 years old. If Karl Rove's Gestapo troops could have found a credible person who would have testified that they saw Obama poop his pants when he was 2, I'm sure Fox News would have reported it.

How come nobody seemed to care about Obama's $1500 suits or Michelle's Designer Dresses which were paid by the campaign.?
    That's what was so amusing about Sarah. Just when that silly controversy had died down, she and her twit friend, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, brought it up again. The Dems didn't light the fire that got this shopping spree story going. Someone within the McCain campaign leaked some info after Sarah and the Wasilla gang burned the RNC donor who said he would pick up the tab to keep her from looking like she just rolled out of trailer park. But instead of a $20-$25K bill, he apparently got a tab for closer to $150K... plus what she allegedly spent using staffers' credit cards (said to be another $40K or so). That got tongues wagging. And she didn't have enough sense just to let it die. The Dems just said they bought their own clothes and let it go at that. It would have never become a big deal if the RNC and Sarah hadn't allowed it to become a big deal.

If she had kept her spending in check, this would have never become a story. If she had allowed the McCain people to tutor her on basic things, that she should have known anyway: geography, basic economics, geopolitics, etc., she wouldn't have come off as such an incredible dullard. That's how she got burned by the pranksters. If she hadn't been playing "Sarah Knows Best", they wouldn't have been able to get through to her and make an (even bigger) idiot out of her. Instead of trying to act like she had foreign policy experience because she could see Russia from her house, she should have just told Couric that she had experience in other areas, and foreign policy was an area that she was seeking to gain more knowledge in.

But in the end, McCain must shoulder the blame for whatever damage Palin did to his campaign. He could have picked Elizabeth Dole (maybe she wouldn't have gone negative and been gutted in a sad Senate campaign then). He could have picked Kay Bailey Hutchinson. He didn't have to pick that nitwit. He ran a bad campaign. And now the knives are coming out. The John McCain that gave that concession speech is the John McCain that I remember from the 90's. And I think that John McCain would have won this election... along with a truly qualified running mate. Instead of playing on people's fears and the lowest common denominators, he could have done a better job of connecting to a worried nation, using a hopeful message. But he didn't do that. John made a lot of bad choices and he paid the price.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I'm hoping your current party base thinks like you. If so, it will be a long, long time before the darkness falls again.
    Fear the fear.

McTurbo's mishandlers made Dole's 96' campaign mishandlers look legitimate.
    Won't you re-up for the greatest moral cause since Sodom and Gomorrah?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just wish that Obama's background and speeches had been investigated as much as Palin's...or at least Joe the Plumber's
    ------------
    If the G.O.P. Ticket had been reversed with palin and the presidential Cannidate and McCain for VP we would be Calling Governor Palin the President Elect.

This is good stuff.
    Joe the Plumber
    Won't you re-up for the greatest moral cause since Sodom and Gomorrah?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BTW for that fool who posted the stupid photo about Palin's wardrobe and it's cost....How come nobody seemed to care about Obama's $1500 suits or Michelle's Designer Dresses which were paid by the campaign.?
    You're calling me a fool and supporting Sarah Palin at the same time? Wow, talk about an oxymoron! The only thing this little slab of ass was worth to the McCain campaign was dead weight. She would be in better service with me underneath the sheets rather than having her reside anywhere near the Whitehouse.

lol @ Joe the plumber. Desperation, the tool of the defeated.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Right on!! Sarah will be a force. The repbs botched their own chances and the only breath of fresh air was Sarah. McCain was too old plus the hatred for Bush was insurmountable. BTW who really gives a if Africa is in fact a country or a continent? It is a foreign aid cesspool, heaven for terrorists, and just a disgusting place. The Brits and France were dominate in Africa so they should take care of it and we should re-invest our foreign aid.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

You confirm the impression that you are psychotic.

Thank gawd millions and millions of people finally figured out that the Right-wing ranting nut jobs are NOT FIT and voted them decisively out of office.

No hope for dead-enders like you and your friends here.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Joe the Plumber

Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    Right on!! Sarah will be a force. The repbs botched their own chances and the only breath of fresh air was Sarah.
    Fousto, I ask this sincerely. What about Sarah Palin made her a breath of fresh air? I have heard this before and I've yet to hear any particulars. Seriously. Can you tell me something about her that makes her more than just a woman with (slightly) above average looks and below average intelligence?

BTW who really gives a if Africa is in fact a country or a continent? It is a foreign aid cesspool, heaven for terrorists, and just a disgusting place. The Brits and France were dominate in Africa so they should take care of it and we should re-invest our foreign aid.
    Well, one could say the same of Afghanistan, probably more so. So, what meaningless, little cesspool of a country originated the attack that kicked the greatest super power on Earth squarely in the testicles? And guess what, the guy who planned the attack is still fat, free and happy! How could this be?

The idea that Africa is a disgusting place is probably due to the limited information that Westerners, specifically Americans, have of the continent. Depending on what happens with GM, I may go to South Africa next year and I'm looking forward to it. Where I'll be going, Port Elizabeth, is hardly disgusting. It's a huge varied continent, with good places and bad places. A night spent in Greenville, Mississippi, Torreon, Mexico or (from what I hear) Anchorage, Alaska (highest alcohol mortality rate in the U.S.) might convince some that North America is a cesspool. But we know that those sad places are not necessarily representative of the whole of our continent... course, we also know all of the countries that make up NAFTA too, right? And that someone who is seeking the second (or first) highest political office in the land wouldn't know a country from a continent is truly amazing to me!!! Should she ever be in a position that she would have to deal with an international terrorist crisis originating in Africa, it might be nice if she knew that she'd need to find the actual country within Africa, and not send the 101st Airborne to the wrong location. Does she know anything about South Africa's nuclear capabilities? Probably not, since she can't even pronounce nuclear (the next person who says nukyuler should be prohibited from holding public office in the U.S.), and doesn't know where South Africa is or what it is. And how could she not know the countries in NAFTA???!!! Can't she see North America from her house, like she can Russia?

But now that I think about it, this could work out really well for me. I'm an NRA Life Member. I might meet up with Sarah and First Dude at some NRA function one of these days prior to 2012. I had more executive experience by age 30 than Sarah does now. So while I let First Dude shoot one of my AK's and play with my Weatherby, I might dazzle ol' Sarah with some basic economic terms and the fact that I was schooled in supply side theory in getting my degree. I could make sure she doesn't use the word "physical" when she writes about fiscal policy. See, I could be a huge asset to her, if not the country. I figure her head is so empty of basic knowledge, give me about 15 minutes and I could be on the short list to be Secretary of the Treasury or maybe even Fed Chairman. And the sad part, I'm probably more qualified to occupy either of those positions than Sarah is to be President (or Vice President) of the United States. The worst thing I might do is move the Fed offices to Road America and have the Treasury fund a grand prix there. I'd probably also pull some strings to have Tony George sent to Gitmo for some waterboarding fun & games. Where is Tony George? Don't ask, don't tell, baby. Don't ask, don't tell...

So I guess I've changed my mind.
    Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!

A vote for her might mean a job (and a damn nice gubment pension) for moi in 2012! mokin: