Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Hey janvan a
    good morning America !
    and welcome back to the free world
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Fousto, I ask this sincerely. What about Sarah Palin made her a breath of fresh air? I have heard this before and I've yet to hear any particulars. Seriously. Can you tell me something about her that makes her more than just a woman with (slightly) above average looks and below average intelligence?

Well, one could say the same of Afghanistan, probably more so. So, what meaningless, little cesspool of a country originated the attack that kicked the greatest super power on Earth squarely in the testicles? And guess what, the guy who planned the attack is still fat, free and happy! How could this be?

The idea that Africa is a disgusting place is probably due to the limited information that Westerners, specifically Americans, have of the continent. Depending on what happens with GM, I may go to South Africa next year and I'm looking forward to it. Where I'll be going, Port Elizabeth, is hardly disgusting. It's a huge varied continent, with good places and bad places. A night spent in Greenville, Mississippi, Torreon, Mexico or (from what I hear) Anchorage, Alaska (highest alcohol mortality rate in the U.S.) might convince some that North America is a cesspool. But we know that those sad places are not necessarily representative of the whole of our continent... course, we also know all of the countries that make up NAFTA too, right? And that someone who is seeking the second (or first) highest political office in the land wouldn't know a country from a continent is truly amazing to me!!! Should she ever be in a position that she would have to deal with an international terrorist crisis originating in Africa, it might be nice if she knew that she'd need to find the actual country within Africa, and not send the 101st Airborne to the wrong location. Does she know anything about South Africa's nuclear capabilities? Probably not, since she can't even pronounce nuclear (the next person who says nukyuler should be prohibited from holding public office in the U.S.), and doesn't know where South Africa is or what it is. And how could she not know the countries in NAFTA???!!! Can't she see North America from her house, like she can Russia?

But now that I think about it, this could work out really well for me. I'm an NRA Life Member. I might meet up with Sarah and First Dude at some NRA function one of these days prior to 2012. I had more executive experience by age 30 than Sarah does now. So while I let First Dude shoot one of my AK's and play with my Weatherby, I might dazzle ol' Sarah with some basic economic terms and the fact that I was schooled in supply side theory in getting my degree. I could make sure she doesn't use the word "physical" when she writes about fiscal policy. See, I could be a huge asset to her, if not the country. I figure her head is so empty of basic knowledge, give me about 15 minutes and I could be on the short list to be Secretary of the Treasury or maybe even Fed Chairman. And the sad part, I'm probably more qualified to occupy either of those positions than Sarah is to be President (or Vice President) of the United States. The worst thing I might do is move the Fed offices to Road America and have the Treasury fund a grand prix there. I'd probably also pull some strings to have Tony George sent to Gitmo for some waterboarding fun & games. Where is Tony George? Don't ask, don't tell, baby. Don't ask, don't tell...

So I guess I've changed my mind.
    Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!

A vote for her might mean a job (and a damn nice gubment pension) for moi in 2012! mokin:
    Another great post.

You are making far too much sense for some on this forum!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    Right on!! Sarah will be a force. The repbs botched their own chances and the only breath of fresh air was Sarah. McCain was too old plus the hatred for Bush was insurmountable.
    Just as the dislike many clearly have for the ignorant, bellicose, saccharine, vain Palin ought to be insurmountable.

There was no 'breath of fresh air' about her. Having a VP candidate saying that they are a 'hockey mom' can hardly be classed as that. Nor can making a virtue out of having a lack of knowledge of foreign affairs. The fact she had to be so closely briefed should have disqualified her immediately and should continue so to do. So, what exactly does she offer that is so daringly new and exciting? Nothing that I can see.

And as for the favourable comment made elsewhere about Berlusconi — well, that poster clearly has absolutely no idea about European politics and really ought to go and find out about it before making such ignorant statements.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is alarming that while the rest of the world looked on in absolute disbelief and amazement that Palin was even chosen to be running mate in the first place, some Americans actually think she would make a good President.

Even without the stupidity side there is plenty of controversy attached to her, such as that $200 million worth of funding for 'The Bridge To Nowhere' which was never returned even though the idea was dropped.

Then there's the abuse of power by seeking to have her ex brother in law fired - She was only 'cleared' in the final days before the election, a coincidence too great for many to swallow.
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Ola!! don Keylito!

Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    Hey janvan a
    good morning America !
    and welcome back to the free world
    Ola Muchachito mio!

Yes it is a good morning, but it would be better if the gang of criminals still in Washington and their henchmen and stooges were facing serious charges and potential jail time pour encouagé les autres .

Refreshing to see that, as usual in America, when there is a serious crisis, millions and millions of people did the right thing and rejected the Party of Extremism, and rejected the policies of fear.
    Winston Churchill said on the day America finally entered WWII, in response to another Minister saying "Thank God, America is in; they can always be relied upon to do the right thing" to which Churchill mutter (be clear enough to be recorded by 2 different people) "After they have tried everything else."

We tried letting an idiot-savant puppet be a figurehead while Corporate hacks ran the entire country and as we saw the Financial sector straight into the ground, their greed and stupidity being limitless the whole world now can see, and we and unfortunately you will doubtless suffer---and the Extremists here and on their radio and TV outlets will start by 4th week in January screaming at the new Administration for "doing nothing", but everybody is wise to their game, so let's hope they don't get away with shifting the blame and continuing their continual lying.

The destruction caused by the Republican's pandering to religious whack-jobs and their borrow and spend policies drove 42,000,000 more people to register to vote compared to the last debacle in 2004 to a total of 185,000,000.
    123,000,000 people voted, this alone is reason to be more optimistic.

The Right-wing nut cases will continue to repeat that Obama has done nothing, ignoring years of work as a community organiser, [b]teaching Contitutional Law at University, and working as a Illinois state senator, but like all along its just empty rage and frustration.

Let's all cross our fingers, hold your thumbs, do a dominus rex a few times and hope that since he knows his majority wasn't a massive landslide-----unlike the fool W who called a 1.4% margin a "Mandate"---a spirit of cooperation will develop, the Republicans will repudiate the religious maniacs, and we can finally being to move into the new Century.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Just as the dislike many clearly have for the ignorant, bellicose, saccharine, vain Palin ought to be insurmountable.
    Seems it was, exit polling clearly points to the choice of Palin as a deal breaker for many people.
    It showed extremely risky behaviour on McCains part to pander for a few votes risking yet another certifiable incompetent sitting as President should he kick off anytime soon (as his Grandfather did at 70, and his father died at 71--noting he's 72)

And as for the favourable comment made elsewhere about Berlusconi — well, that poster clearly has absolutely no idea about European politics and really ought to go and find out about it before making such ignorant statements.
    It is fairly obvious that the person is in a narrow closeted fantasy world regarding US domestic politics as well.

Whaddya expect?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    In all the jokes I've made about Sarah Palin, I never really thought that she was (or could be) nearly as dumb as I made her out to be. I was wrong. Turns out, she may be a LOT dumber than even I imagined.

Top McCain advisors have let go with a barrage on Sarah Palin today. She and her family are being described as "looting Wasilla Hillbillies" for patronizing expensive New York shops, buying not $150,000, but closer to $200,000 worth of clothes and trinkets for herself and her family... and lying about giving it to charity. It's being reported that Republican National Committee lawyers are now on their way "North To Alaska" (cool song from the '60's, by the way) to track down Palin and get some of the missing items back. Sarah is said to have used none of her own money, but wasn't above using the credit cards of staffers. And what about the poor Republican donor who offered to clothe Palin, figuring it might take 20 grand and then gets this bill for almost $200K? To save himself from shame, he should tell his wife and friends that he blew his money on hookers and booze.

But here's the good part. According to McCain's advisors, Palin didn't knwow the three countries which had signed onto the NAFTA treaty. Hey Sarah, hint, hint: it's the North American Free Trade Agreement. Sarah, can ya maybe name some countries in North America??? Apparently not. Oh, man... maybe ya can get back to me, eh? She also thought that Africa was a country... didn't know that it was a continent. And on election night, she reportedly approached McCain, requesting that he allow her to make her won concession speech. Vice Presidential candidates are seen and not heard on election night.

Not that it needed to be, but my faith in God is further confirmed. That He would not put us in the position that this complete and utter MORON might have lucked into the Oval Office if McCain had croaked, is truly a blessing. Shame on you, John McCain, for even making that a possibility!

And lastly, some of this stuff about Palin may just be angry, sour grapes McCain advisors unleashing on Palin. But considering how willing Palin was to use rumor and innuendo during her Uncle Jed rallies...

Karma, Sarah. Karma!
    Now that "Africa", et al have been shown to be a hoax, who's the moron?
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    With all the stories from un-named sources about Sarah Palin being proven to be Hoax or lies I wonder what other stories they are going to make up.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...h-palin-leaker

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...laska-democrat

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Seems it was, exit polling clearly points to the choice of Palin as a deal breaker for many people.
    It showed extremely risky behaviour on McCains part to pander for a few votes risking yet another certifiable incompetent sitting as President should he kick off anytime soon (as his Grandfather did at 70, and his father died at 71--noting he's 72)

It is fairly obvious that the person is in a narrow closeted fantasy world regarding US domestic politics as well.

Whaddya expect?
    McCain was not going to win regardless of who was the running mate. Sarah will do great. Actually McCain has launched her. She will become a Senator and then we will really have a good look at her. Now its is time to get on with the business of the US.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    With all the stories from un-named sources about Sarah Palin being proven to be Hoax or lies I wonder what other stories they are going to make up.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...h-palin-leaker

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...laska-democrat
    Even if they were hoax, they didn't get as many people killed as the hoax by Bush et al about Saddam harboring al-Qaeda and having weapons of mass destruction.
    I could really use a fish right now