Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Danica's Rant

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Q: With Danica’s struggles at Surfers Paradise, do you think this is a sign of things to come for her when she drives in A1GP or do you just chalk it up as a bad week and no big deal?

Damon in Hilliard, Ohio

RM: I think she and Marco need all the road racing practice they can get and I’m sure A1GP will be an eye-opener for both of them. Her performance last weekend at Surfers was easily the worst of her IndyCar career – in every way. I’ve been her biggest supporter for the past five years but she’s really regressed this season and that’s not a good trend for a 26-year-old.
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    Are you denying that she went from hubba hubba darling to a spoiled, no talent ****** in the eyes of CCWS fans the moment she went to the IRL?

Go ahead. Pull the old posts. They thought she was the greatest thing since sliced bread until she switched sides. So much so they tried to duplicate "Danicamania" w/Legge.
    Just as there were IRL fans who loathed Paul Tracy, I admit that you do have a valid point... in some cases. Some of us didn't like her even when she was in Atlantics. Although then, she did seem to be a more promising driver than what she has shown so far. However, there now seems to be a number of long time IRL fans who have fallen (or jumped) off the Danica Mania Bandwagon. Her skill level and results just don't seem to warrant all the hand waving and feelings of self importance, IMO.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Her skill level and results just don't seem to warrant all the hand waving and feelings of self importance, IMO.

I've got some advice for you then: IGNORE HER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Best post of the thread.

If the 15 people on this thread who think she's a spoiled, overated driver never buy one of her t shirts I think she'll still be ok.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best post of the thread.

If the 15 people on this thread who think she's a spoiled, overated driver never buy one of her t shirts I think she'll still be ok.
    There aren't 15 or so people on this thread that "think" she is a spoiled brat and overrated, there are 15 or so people on this thread and thousands of race fans (real race fans) that "KNOW" she is a spoiled brat and overrated. That is a statistical fact.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    There aren't 15 or so people on this thread that "think" she is a spoiled brat and overrated, there are 15 or so people on this thread and thousands of race fans (real race fans) that "KNOW" she is a spoiled brat and overrated. That is a statistical fact.
    Statistical fact? : ) Prove it.

Even if what you say is true that still leaves millions that still seem to be sweet on her for whatever reason. She is still popular with the general public. And never forget controversy and personality = ticket sales.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Statistical fact? : ) Prove it.

Even if what you say is true that still leaves millions that still seem to be sweet on her for whatever reason. She is still popular with the general public. And never forget controversy and personality = ticket sales.
    Where do you get "millions"? The entire League doesn't even have "millions" of fans. The tv ratings prove that. If it did have "millions" of fans, the TV ratings would have been a lot higher. She might have been popular at one point, but now she's just notorious. There's a big difference.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    It seems no one will agree with me but mark my words, next year, she will win at least 2-3 races and be in the running for the championship.

It will be her year!
    And 2006 was supposed to be her year. When it wasn't, the Danica fans all said 2007 would be her year. When that didn't happen, then 2008 was supposed to be her year. Now it's going to be in 2009? She's not getting any younger. And these predictions are gettinig a lot older.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Your thoughtful advise is appreciated. But you should understand that even with people I generally ignore (i.e. Paris Hilton, Danica Patrick, Ryan Seacrest), I may still make comments.

If that bothers you, the board's administrators passed a rule last year that reading and responding to posts that bother you is no longer mandatory. Hope that helps.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    ....Some of us didn't like her even when she was in Atlantics. Although then, she did seem to be a more promising driver than what she has shown so far. However, there now seems to be a number of long time IRL fans who have fallen (or jumped) off the Danica Mania Bandwagon. Her skill level and results just don't seem to warrant all the hand waving and feelings of self importance, IMO.

Obviously you're not blinded by her looks versus talent and attitude?