Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Although I am pleased that the BBC has the coverage back next year (as I believe we will get things like Practice live on the Red Button) I do think ITV have generally done a good job with their F1 coverage.
    I preferred the original commentary team of Walker and Brundle, with James Allen in the Pits and Tony Jardine giving opinion to the current team. My main problem with ITV (apart from the adverts) has been Allen's performance in the commentary booth. However, he had an impossible job following Murray so I feel sorry for him in a way.
    I'll be interested if the BBC team shapes up as it is rumoured. Brundle, DC and Eddie Jordan are all characters who will have a strong opinion. No doubt this will further annoy Max...
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    lets hear Mark Blundell state the bleedin obvious. He's much better than someone who was actually in the race
    State the obvious at the same time as butchering the English language I actually switch over or leave the room when he starts speaking. "Lewis done fantastic" etc. etc. If I want to hear stupid sportsmen talk like children then I'll watch MoTD
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    I'm a little nervous to be honest. It seems a bit like the BBC took up the coverage because ITV's in financial difficulty and can't afford it, I doubt it'll play as important a role in the BBC schedules as it does in ITV's. I still don't think that the BBC do a very good job with MotoGP.

Still, they must still be making some effort and it'd be great to watch it without adverts. I think that the Hamilton bias will probably stay, but who knows?
    I actually disagree, the BBC will probably go overboard with all the F1 hullabaloo. That is my problem with their MotoGP coverage - they've hardly promoted it properly, and next year it is exclusively on BBC, not Eurosport - so it will be treated like a 3rd class sport as opposed to the 2nd class they view it now.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I actually disagree, the BBC will probably go overboard with all the F1 hullabaloo. That is my problem with their MotoGP coverage - they've hardly promoted it properly, and next year it is exclusively on BBC, not Eurosport - so it will be treated like a 3rd class sport as opposed to the 2nd class they view it now.
    I like MotoGP and I've only seen a couple of adverts on the BBC all year: for the season opening race and the US Grand prix at Laguna Seca. I hope they give them equal treatment next year, because there can be some great racing in MotoGP.

No doubt however there will be numerous letters/emails from 'Mrs F from Milton Keynes' saying 'why have they dedicated time to F1, it's boring, pollutes the environment etc, they've cancelled Eastenders because of it wah wah wah'. I despise those kind of people.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    The BBC do go overboard at times with MotoGP.

Suzi Perry likes to have digs at boring F1.

Apart from last year and probably this year too, at the BBC Sport Personality Awards, MotoGP has been trumped by F1 when they do the motorsports review.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I've been watching F1 for over 20 years and have NEVER seen a live, uninterrupted race on TV.
    Foxtel showed the 2000 Malaysian Grand Prix live & uninterrupted, but that was a one-off.

ABC showed some GP's in 1980 uninterrupted, but they were taken from the BBC 'Grand Prix' highlights

All other GP's shown in Australia (the first was the 1976 Japanese GP on Channel 7) have been on free-to-air, so even the live races have had ads

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    I dont know how this would go down, but anyway. (and apologies if this has already been mentioned)

As part of a build-up to the new season and the BBC's return, maybe they could show full re-runs of some of the best races they covered on one of their digital channels, it would be a great way for them to say that F1 is back where it belongs and would also show the younger generation what F1 used to be like in the good old days, here would be a few examples i would like to see replayed

DIJON 1979 - Gilles Villeneuve -v- Rene Arnoux, a prime example of what would never be allowed today if the FIA's current racing rules are anything to go by

MONACO 1982 - More drama in the final 3 laps than there was in 5 Schumacher title winning seasons put together

SILVERSTONE 1987 - Possibly the greatest comeback and arguably one of the greatest overtaking manouvers ever witnessed, Our Nige' at his very best

DONINGTON PARK 1993 - Arguably Ayrton Senna's finest drive, from 5th to 1st within the 1st lap and going on to win by nearly a lap

Yes, yes, yes, yes ten million times, yes.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the pessimist in me says we'd probably get a biopic of Lewis Hamilton or something

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think ITV get a really hard and unfair time with regards to the coverage they have provided. I think ITV all in all have done an above satisfactory job.

I remember the BBC days, when they’d show the race on BBC1 or BBC2, no continuity, they’d show the race on BBC1 and you’d have to cut over to BBC2 for the podium etc etc. The coverage was pretty poor from what I remember.

Then came ITV, with the new line up, with Martin Brundle, giving a respectable ‘expert’ insight. They’ve covered the technical aspect pretty well, and I think even the casual viewer has a basic understanding of tyre, aero etc issues.

I am hoping the BBC coverage will be improved, but if this happens, it’ll be down to the precedent ITV have set, as I think ITV really raised the bar with regards to their coverage, its just these days, people have become complacent.

That said, since Hamilton has been in F1, ITV have moved into a direction, and it’s a love or hate direction. Most casual viewers probably like the 1 hour preview of Hamilton, but most ‘real’ F1 fans dislike it, which has really alienated a lot of F1 viewers from the ITV coverage. Which is a shame really, as I think they done a solid and above satisfactory job for majority of the time.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    I think ITV get a really hard and unfair time with regards to the coverage they have provided. I think ITV all in all have done an above satisfactory job.

I remember the BBC days, when they’d show the race on BBC1 or BBC2, no continuity, they’d show the race on BBC1 and you’d have to cut over to BBC2 for the podium etc etc. The coverage was pretty poor from what I remember.

Then came ITV, with the new line up, with Martin Brundle, giving a respectable ‘expert’ insight. They’ve covered the technical aspect pretty well, and I think even the casual viewer has a basic understanding of tyre, aero etc issues.

I am hoping the BBC coverage will be improved, but if this happens, it’ll be down to the precedent ITV have set, as I think ITV really raised the bar with regards to their coverage, its just these days, people have become complacent.

That said, since Hamilton has been in F1, ITV have moved into a direction, and it’s a love or hate direction. Most casual viewers probably like the 1 hour preview of Hamilton, but most ‘real’ F1 fans dislike it, which has really alienated a lot of F1 viewers from the ITV coverage. Which is a shame really, as I think they done a solid and above satisfactory job for majority of the time.
    The last point about Hamilton is excellent. For years I've always watched the full pre-qualifying and pre-race show, but this year I've probably switched on for about a third of the races around 10 mins before the race starts.

I'm sick of the one-sided coverage. Even though I think Hamilton's great it's become boring very quickly. Even though it's their last race they'd better give DC some airtime. I know Lewis can win the title but Coulthard's been in F1 since 1994, and I hope that isn't overlooked. And please put some kind of word in for Button who's had a dog of a car, and Davidson who let's not forget did start the year in F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    The last point about Hamilton is excellent. For years I've always watched the full pre-qualifying and pre-race show, but this year I've probably switched on for about a third of the races around 10 mins before the race starts.

I'm sick of the one-sided coverage. Even though I think Hamilton's great it's become boring very quickly. Even though it's their last race they'd better give DC some airtime. I know Lewis can win the title but Coulthard's been in F1 since 1994, and I hope that isn't overlooked. And please put some kind of word in for Button who's had a dog of a car, and Davidson who let's not forget did start the year in F1.
    Too right.

I'm a supporter of Lewis but do feel a little nauseated with Allens sycophantic attitude.