Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

anyone going to Petit Lemans

for me, once Audi confirms the race, I'm definitely going to make the trip, but was wondering if anyway is gonna make the trip also to Atlanta
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's my home track, so naturally I'll be there, though probably just for Friday and Saturday. I'd like to go Thursday, but would probably get some grief from the home front.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    are you allowed to walk around the track (inside or outside) without getting in trouble, I plan on taking alot of pictures of the races that weekend and I dont know what the rules for a big road course is
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wanted to take my dad to the Laguna Seca race, but he can't really walk around for long, do they allow you to use a gulf cart to get around or is just the staff members that can use them?

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    I wonder if many Europeans(spectators)go there

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racefan08
    I wanted to take my dad to the Laguna Seca race, but he can't really walk around for long, do they allow you to use a gulf cart to get around or is just the staff members that can use them?
    theres normally handicap services at any event, I'd call just to find out though

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    are you allowed to walk around the track (inside or outside) without getting in trouble, I plan on taking alot of pictures of the races that weekend and I dont know what the rules for a big road course is
    Absolutely, you can walk all over the place at Road Atlanta. Parts of the outside of the track are open to spectators and about all of the inside is available for spectators. I've been the going since I moved over here a couple of years ago and it's a great event. Bring some good walking shoes, those hills are bigger than they look on TV.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sweet, I'll be doing some walking then :lol: one thing I definitely need to see is the run down the esses

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    On raceday, I leave my car in the outside parking. If I do the pit walk on Saturday morning, I usually watch the beginning of the race from the bleachers in the support paddock. Last year I went down to the outside of turn 1 for a while, then across the spectator bridge into the track, to the inside of turn 1 for a bit, then up to 3, then over to the approach to the esses for quite a while. After that I usually go to spectator hill overlooking turn 5 for some time, there's a matrix board there and it's a good place to sit down for a while. At some point I usually mosey on up to turns 6 and 7, or as I like to call it, the bone end of the pork chop. My favorite time of raceday is sunset, and my favorite place is overlooking turn 5 from the hill behind it, so that's where I am then. As it approaches dark, I make my way to the turn 10 area and stay there until the last 30 minute of the race, when I go the outside of turn 12, and watch the finish. As soon as the cooldown lap is complete, I walk out to my car, and am on the road 15 minutes after the checkered.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    got a small question,

do you have to pay for parking, I know some places do, some don't just would like know know