Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Marcus, buy yourself a 207, same as Kimi with the Abarth - and start in IRC.

The non team order atmosphere is like the old days in WRC, you will enjoy it !
    He certainly seemed to enjoy driving the Fiesta S2000 when he tested it before Sweden: “The Ford Fiesta was very nice to drive and I was impressed by the road-holding, it was really perfect. The engine felt very strong and you really get the feeling that this is a proper rally car to drive. It brings back the excitement as you have to be aggressive and drive at the correct revs."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    He certainly seemed to enjoy driving the Fiesta S2000 when he tested it before Sweden: “The Ford Fiesta was very nice to drive and I was impressed by the road-holding, it was really perfect. The engine felt very strong and you really get the feeling that this is a proper rally car to drive. It brings back the excitement as you have to be aggressive and drive at the correct revs."
    Hirvonen said about the same car that it is lazy.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Hirvonen said about the same car that it is lazy.
    In terms of the engine?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In terms of the engine?
    Yes, they interviewed him after monte and he said, its lazy but maybe with the new engine, it was a spontan comment, not a ford official press relese, like grönholms comments.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Yes, they interviewed him after monte and he said, its lazy but maybe with the new engine, it was a spontan comment, not a ford official press relese, like grönholms comments.
    True, Marcus' comments could have just been press speak but most people do seem to enjoy driving the S2000 cars, saying they are 'proper cars', especially compared to traditional N4s.

Regarding the engine; I guess it is quite normal for Mikko to feel that coming from the World Rally Car. Rumours say the Fiesta is putting out a lot of power but my feeling from looking at engine dimensions and from watching on stages is that the Skoda maybe has more low down torque.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Regarding the engine; I guess it is quite normal for Mikko to feel that coming from the World Rally Car. Rumours say the Fiesta is putting out a lot of power but my feeling from looking at engine dimensions and from watching on stages is that the Skoda maybe has more low down torque.
    Difficult to say, the truth is that in monte Mikko controlled from start to finish, when needed he increased the gap, even he was polite in his comments.
    Here in Sweden it looks like PG does the same, can be that the cars are quite on par, but the drivers make the difference.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Difficult to say, the truth is that in monte Mikko controlled from start to finish, when needed he increased the gap, even he was polite in his comments.
    Here in Sweden it looks like PG does the same, can be that the cars are quite on par, but the drivers make the difference.
    Re: Fiesta vs. Fabia I want to see a few more rallies before making a judgement. In Monte there were too many variables (Mikko, tyre brands, tyre choices, weather), here it is just one fast snow rally. Will be interesting to see how it goes on twistier and rougher gravel rallies but for sure the Fiesta seems good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Re: Fiesta vs. Fabia I want to see a few more rallies before making a judgement. In Monte there were too many variables (Mikko, tyre brands, tyre choices, weather), here it is just one fast snow rally. Will be interesting to see how it goes on twistier and rougher gravel rallies but for sure the Fiesta seems good.
    yes, difficult to say, but i belive skoda will be favorite in irc, and ford in s2000 cup, if the entry stays same as now.
    Aja kovaa Pena.