Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gp2 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekola
    Giacomo Ricci, the usual sub of DPR, is rumoured to take the remaining seat, at least for round-by-round basis.
    Autosport say that he's signed now, they imply it's for the season (though few drives are in GP2). I don't think they're going to score any points this year...

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Well, qualifying for the Spanish GP implies that the biggest favourites are going to deliver (Grosjean 1st, di Grassi 2nd, Hülkenberg 4th) with Petrov between them. Maldonado (10th, last year's pole-sitter!), Parente (14th, last year's winner and winter tests with ORT were promising) and Kobayashi (22nd?!) were biggest disappointments.

Yess, Grosjean won the first race of the year!
    Parente was moving nicely upwards, but had a crash with di Grassi. :\
    Nice rise by van der Garde and Kobayashi.
    Filippi 4th - wonder if he is starting to refind himself after 2007?

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Fantastic racing. They all seemed to be pushing for positions. Big to Grosjean for the win, Di Grassi for never giving up and Maldonado for constantly piling pressure on whoever seemed to be ahead of him.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Looks more and more like Grosjean is gonna walk this championship like he did in GP2 Asia last year. He's really really good (IMO) - clearly the best GP2 driver I have seen to date. He's also only one win from equalling Pantanos record for 9 wins in GP2.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Looks more and more like Grosjean is gonna walk this championship like he did in GP2 Asia last year. He's really really good (IMO) - clearly the best GP2 driver I have seen to date. He's also only one win from equalling Pantanos record for 9 wins in GP2.
    I agree but that after that smash in Monaco, it just seems a peculiar time to be mentioning Grosjean. :
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like to be the first person to publically apologise to Alberto Valerio - that's one way to prove us all wrong!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Valerio's win was indeed a huge surprise.

What a pity that Parente never gets any decent race results after great qualifying sessions. Oh why?!

Grosjean hasn't been that convincing in recent race weekends, but still keeps a solid championship leads. It looks like pre-season title favourites are gradually getting clear in the championship (GRO, DIG; HÜL, MAL). There is also a joker in Petrov between them - wonder, how long will he keep it up?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Haha! Soucek's finally impounded the FMS cars, only a year and a half after he was sacked! And Fisichella doesn't even own the team any more! I'm guessing that if he wins the F2 championship then he still won't be able to get a GP2 seat now

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    You can read my latest article on what it will take for ART and Hülkenberg to clinch the titles at Monza...

http://www.flagworld.com/news/?p=23632
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.