Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Probably only Giancarlo Fisichella would stand a chance of a Donkey award.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    heikki.

18 seconds in the first 10 laps equals 1.8 seconds a lap off hamilton's pace.

absolutely nothing like good enough.

not even nearly.

only other possibility is the stewards not penalising ferrari for team orders...
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    heikki.

18 seconds in the first 10 laps equals 1.8 seconds a lap off hamilton's pace.

absolutely nothing like good enough.

not even nearly.
    Might not be as simple as that - sounds like McLaren might have messed his race up for him

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44354

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

Anyone else in contention?
    I'm going to pitch Sponge Bob into the mix.
    IMO he is making a graceless exit from F-1
    His comments Saturday about NH is plain bad sportsmanship!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Stewards for forgetting to award a penalty to Hamilton.

[/sarcasm mode]
    Just when they're most needed, they fall down on the job. Surely they could have given him a drive-thru for copping a feel on a grid girl or something! He kept picking at his nose during yesterday's press conference. That should have been good for a 25 second time penalty.

I didn't see Fisi do anything that would truly qualify him for the Donkey. But I'd also like to see what (really) happened between Bourdais and Trulli. Thus far, each has just blamed the other. Maybe one of them has a Donkey coming his way for that. But yeah, this was a very clean race.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My vote goes to Fisi, he must have done something wrong to get Kimi, and I forget who-else to be waving/saluting him during the race...

Also honorable mention goes out to the Ferrari strategist for starting Massa on the lighter of the 2 ferrari fuel loads, though not sure about the tires as neither the prime or options seemed to make the Ferrari quicker, but I liked Kimi's strategy better by running both tires in the first 2 stints, and being able to pick the better one for the final one... (Though I suspect Ferrari choose to run Kimi on the crappier tires for his Final stint to allow Massa to catch up...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Might not be as simple as that - sounds like McLaren might have messed his race up for him

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44354
    even so, it's a big margin to your team mate

but, if what they say is true (and, by no means am i taking Ron at face value), then there is another competition:

Most Stuff Ups in pitwork/strategy/setup by a team in a single season.

that would make an intriguing championship, dominated, is suspect, by ferrari and mclaren.
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The accident at the start did appear to be Bourdais' fault and happened at exactly the wrong time for his career, but these things do happen all the time, especially in the midfield.
    There was nobody really awful today, but I think I'd give it to Kovalainen due to being quite badly outperformed by his teammate, though the retirement was yet again not his fault.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Hamilton. By extending his championship lead he has made it more likely that Brazil won't be interesting. If there was only 1 point in it then we'd have been on to a winner.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Ignoring the one and only Donks who is always Donkey of the Day of course

I suppose Fisi was a bit like a mobile chicane, Massa qualified badly and was slower than his team mate on lighter fuel strategy and Heikki was rubbish but that's just poor racing, not really being a Donkey?

Anyone else in contention?

I actually would give it to Massa. Despite the fact that he was the lightest in gas he still qualified 3rd. That to me is really bad especially when it's down to the world championship. I never beleived he is world championship material. His mom can cry as much as she wants.