Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I disagree.

Look closely if you can all the statements Petter made during those couple of years Tommi spent at Subaru. Tommi's role as a mentor for Petter was undisputeble. So, hardly nothing sad there if he really trained Petter towards his peak.

Sad it would have been then if Tommi had accepted Subaru's contract and continued his career only base of cash.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Two things they say about a driver when they are not performing:

1. His input in the development of the car is really valuable to the team.
    2. He's a mentor/rolemodel to the youngsters.

Almost seems like pity talk to me. Keep Tommi out off the heat. I'm not saying Tommi wasn't valuable as a mentor to Petter, I'm sure he was, but that was not what Tommi was therefore. He was supposed to be the number one driver, expectations were higher (at least I hoped for more) and that's why I think it was a sad and undeserving two years.
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Always fun to see how a thread goes from one subject to the other.
    Rest in peace Richard

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    and all of these strated by my amazing sense of humour which all of you agree its perfect...

wow...

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenukknak
    Two things they say about a driver when they are not performing:

1. His input in the development of the car is really valuable to the team.
    2. He's a mentor/rolemodel to the youngsters.
    There are three things to say about a driver when they are not performing but due the family perspective of this forum, I won't say the last one.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Subaru taking BOS to Court

Text originally from rally mag.de, but a interesting story !
    Translated with babelfish, so do not kill the language...

Shortly after that the Subaru team Pro Drive announced, starting from 2009 with shock absorbers of the Swedish company Öhlins to the WRC, team head David Richard told that he will pull with substantial demands for payment of damages against its past partner BOS before court.
    „There were by the dozen problems in quality, arrangements was not kept.
    At the conclusion we waited, grumble the absorbers completely “ told the Englishman.
    Since then the drivers complain regularly over chassis problems.
    Pro drive drives for scarcely two years into the Rallye WRC with bad absorbers.
    At the end of October are the first Öhlins absorbers at pro drive to be supplied. After it first tests with the new outfitter line up briefly.
    Sweden, Öhlins is not in the Rallye an unknown quantity. They were in the late 90's as partners of Mitsubishi one of the guarantors for the four world champion titles of Tommi Mäkinen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok... i wonder is it also possible for swrt to sue itself ?!
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    I drive radio controlled cars, and that is exactly what it is. I know some of you might possibly think these are just toys, but have a look here on an approach to R/C suspension: http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/c2/index.htm
    This is the complete document: http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/

This discussion is quite interesting
    Thank you HaCo. It was worth reading.

I have a book discussing the same the same subject and I found one inconsistency regarding the anti-roll-bars.

The next is a part from chapter 2.7 (Ant-roll-bars)

Suppose you add an anti-roll bar at the rear of your car without changing any of the other settings. When the car enters a turn, the chassis starts to roll. Normally, the suspension on the outside of the turn would compress, and the one on the inside would extend, making for a lot more pressure on the outside tire. With the anti-roll bar however, the suspension on the inside will be compressed, so the chassis will roll less, and the rear of the car will sit lower than normal. So the rear has more weight on it, and it's distributed more evenly over the two tires. This makes for a little more, and more consistent traction. Remember that this is in the beginning of the turn, the situation is different in the middle of the turn. Normally, without the anti-roll bar, the chassis would stop rolling when the roll torque is fully absorbed by the outside spring. But with the anti-roll bar, some of that torque is absorbed by the anti-roll bar, and used to compress the inside suspension. So the outside suspension won't be compressed as much as it normally would, making the rear of the chassis sit up higher than normal, so less weight is on the rear of the car, and more at on the front. It's as if suddenly the rear has become stiffer, making for more steering and a little less rear traction. Rear traction is more consistent however, because the weight is distributed more evenly over the rear tires, unless the track is really bumpy, that is; anti-roll bars can really mess up a car's rough track handling,

In the book I have the author writes “ However it’s a paradox that the anti-roll-bar transfers weight from the inside to the outside

From an another forum I found this post:
    http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/gener...roll-bars.html

I checked the info in a book on suspension design I've been reading, the book is "Designing and Building Special Cars" by Andre Jute, in the section on anti roll bars he says, "A roll bar fitted at the front transfers weight from the inside rear wheel to the outside front wheel and by increasing the slip angle at the front, creates or increases understeer."

So it’s 2-1 that an anti-roll-bar transfers weight from the inside to the outside.

As a sum up for the anti-roll-bars is making the front anti-roll-bar stiffer you get more understeer and making the rear anti-roll-bar stiffer you get more oversteer.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway
    Oh and the thing Pentti says about Subaru having the engine too far forward is made up for having the gearbox in the "middle" oposed to the other cars wich have it in the front. So the old man is mostly all c***
    ok kid, is subaru dead or not?? Next time you call the only guy on this forum who know something about how to drive a rallycar crap, think twice.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway
    Oh and the thing Pentti says about Subaru having the engine too far forward is made up for having the gearbox in the "middle" oposed to the other cars wich have it in the front. So the old man is mostly all c***
    ok kid, is subaru dead or not?? Next time you call the only guy on this forum who know something about how to drive a rallycar crap, think twice.
    Good one... I suppose Subaru are quite dead at the moment.

Oh, and I completely forgot to comment on Subarunorways statement last time.. Never mind, might as well pick it apart now..

If the weight affects the axle somewhat like a door on a hinge, turning the Audi Quattro with everything in front is like opening a heavy door by twisting on the hinge.

Well, then I suppose turning the impreza's front end is like rotating a revolving door by the centre... There's still a lot of inertia because the weight sticks far out from the axle, to both front and back.

Turning the C4 with it's transverse engine and gearbox, where the weight is distributed in a within a close perimeter to the axle, should be like turning a ball from the centre. Quite a bit easier.

Think about ice skating: When the dancers pull their arms and legs closer, they spin faster. It's the same inertia, but with much more of a result, because the weight is centralized.

I'm aware an ice skater is only turning around one point, while a car is turning around several, even so, if one the points a car move around is affected by bad weight distribution, it still disturbs the cars overall turning point. No matter what excuse you use for moving the gearbox behind the axle, it's not a proper fix. It's more like dual layers of makeup on Madonna. When you look closely, you've still got a 50 year old hag...