Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Questionable Non-Penalties?

“In the next driver meeting, Jarno Trulli will ask [Hamilton] why he blocked him for two laps when he was a lap down,” added Toyota's Timo Glock – who also found himself on the receiving end of the McLaren-Mercedes star's aggression in the Italian Grand Prix at Monza last month – in an interview with German broadcaster RTL. “Jarno lost one-and-a-half to two seconds, because Hamilton would not obey the blue flags.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/n..._hamilton.html

Please, those who believe the FIA are out to get Hamilton & Mclaren, why no punishment?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Well if Hamilton failed to yield to, 3 I think it is, blue flags then he should have been penalised.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    As I posted on t'other thread, there are two possibilities:

1) It never happenned. Glock seems to be the only one complaining, neither Trulli nor Toyota mentioned it at all in their post-race comments, and nobody else noticed it at the time. Do you honestly think there wouldn't have been a ten-page thread about it by now if anybody here saw it on Sunday?

2) It did happen, and by failing to even investigate it the stewards are even more hopeless and incompetent than any of us dared to imagine. If Hamilton ignored blue flags for two whole laps then not one of his fans will defend those actions.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit
    Well if Hamilton failed to yield to, 3 I think it is, blue flags then he should have been penalised.

Trulli is upset about the way Hamilton behaved when the Italian tried to lap him during the Fuji race - claiming he lost valuable seconds that cost him the chance of beating Nelson Piquet's Renault for fourth place.
    "I am definitely unhappy," Trulli told autosport.com about his views on Hamilton's driving in Japan. "I was leading the race, he was lapped and for two laps he held me up. This cost me 1.5 seconds, which if we are going to put it back on my second pitstop could have given me the chance to stay ahead of Renault after the stop.
    "I am not saying I would have finished in front, but sometimes thing like this can change a lot. Lewis did not even watch the mirrors because he came back on the track right in front of me and he held me up for two laps. And probably he should have paid more attention because he was more or less out of the race. He was dead last and I don't understand why."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71441

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    2) It did happen, and by failing to even investigate it the stewards are even more hopeless and incompetent than any of us dared to imagine. If Hamilton ignored blue flags for two whole laps then not one of his fans will defend those actions.

From Jarno's comments it would seem that he felt he was held up, but he makes no mention of blue flags being ignored so presumably they were not being shown to Hamilton.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71441

From Jarno's comments it would seem that he felt he was held up, but he makes no mention of blue flags being ignored so presumably they were not being shown to Hamilton.
    That could be the only explanation, because otherwise I think a penalty should have been dished out. Having said that, I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that maybe he wasn't penalised because he was right at the back.

If he did block the Toyota he potentially cost Trulli a point or two. He could potentially have got 3rd. He probably wouldn't have, but if I remember he came out of his stop quite close behind other cars, which depending on being blocked or not, he may have remained in front of.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I thought the rule was 5 flags but to be honest it's inexcusable if it went on for 2 laps and flags were waved.

How far behind Lewis was Jarno? Sometimes the marshalls think that the driver is not being held up, especially as McLaren is a top team, although you'd have thought that Toyota would get more help at Fuji
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    That could be the only explanation, because otherwise I think a penalty should have been dished out. Having said that, I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that maybe he wasn't penalised because he was right at the back.
    If that's the case then, as Dave said, the stewards are even more hopeless and incompetent than any of us dared to imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I thought the rule was 5 flags but to be honestft it's inexcusable if it went on for 2 laps and flags were waved.
    Inexcusable and incredible. Blue flags are one of the most obvious warnings a driver will get, and don't the drivers get a light in the cockpit now as well? The team would certainly be aware if blue flags were being shown to their driver, and you can bet McLaren would have told Hamilton to pull over to the side of the circuit, stop the car, get out and wave a cheery wave at Jarno to wish him well as he went by so as to avoid yet another FIA penalty
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    There is no conspiracy, the stewards were just awful.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71436

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Yep. No blue flags = no applicable penalty.