Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Hamilton - for driving overaggressively when he didn't need to.
    Massa - for being spacially inept.
    hamilton's "over aggressive" drive didn't ruin his race, he adjusted to the lap one fracas and went about his business of racing. He recovered well and just passed massa when mass decided to crash into him.

I'm not sure what you folks wanted him to do, sit behind massa for the rest of the race and just stroll around the track. He didn't do anything untoward, and even passed massa cleanly. it wasn't over aggressive, it was the type of driving that wins you championships, not letting them fall down on you.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Do not give the penalties before the FIA unless you plan to challenge Max for his job next year
    you know what. I have little confidence that the stewards will give massa a penalty. They will find some grey area loophole to wiggle out of this one.

They had enough time to analyze the situation and bring him in, but they did neither. So I am not really confident that their bias won;t come into play post race.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    hamilton's "over aggressive" drive didn't ruin his race, he adjusted to the lap one fracas and went about his business of racing. He recovered well and just passed massa when mass decided to crash into him.

I'm not sure what you folks wanted him to do, sit behind massa for the rest of the race and just stroll around the track. He didn't do anything untoward, and even passed massa cleanly. it wasn't over aggressive, it was the type of driving that wins you championships, not letting them fall down on you.
    No, it's not. Championships are won with patient and smart driving. Like Alonso in 2005. Like Kimi last year. Not trying to win everything immediately. Not trying to bully fellow drivers out of your way, as Lewis has done during his career so far.
    Sooner or later, one of his rivals had to show him - "you can't bully me, b***ard".
    It was Massa.
    At last.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Massa closely followed by Hamilton
    ŃBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    you know what. I have little confidence that the stewards will give massa a penalty. They will find some grey area loophole to wiggle out of this one.

They had enough time to analyze the situation and bring him in, but they did neither. So I am not really confident that their bias won;t come into play post race.
    They are not biased. If they were they would have declared Massa/Hamilton accident as "race accident" and allow Massa to score 5 or more points.
    Formula 1

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Hamilton for that crazy start and brake at the first turn
    Webber deserves a mention too :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

His problem was the move at the start. He didn't, as JA put it, need to try to win the championship at the first corner. Also flat-spotted both his front tyres. The rest of the race was fine, but he'd already done the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    His problem was the move at the start. He didn't, as JA put it, need to try to win the championship at the first corner. Also flat-spotted both his front tyres. The rest of the race was fine, but he'd already done the damage.
    he was the pole sitter and raced into the first corner. I am not sure at which point he should have slowed down with Kubica Alonso and Massa on his back , with Raikkonen looking to pass him and Kovaleinen right there as well.

If he had slowed down, he would have gotten hit by one of thoise guys, or gotten passed by half the field. His choice was to fight for position and then move on with the race from there on out.

He and raikkonen weere racing both braked late, Kimi tried to pass on the outside, Hamilton at that point had Alonso, kubica and Kovy by him already and mass in tow. He went a bit wide, so did raikkonen and that was that. After the first turn he lost a position to massa, but by the 2nd lap he regained his momentum and passed massa, when massa decided to hit him.

If Massa had not hit him, he would have gone on and probably passed Kovaleien too, then kovaleienen would have tried to do his job and hold up massa as log as he could.

Soon enough he would have settled in and decided whether or not to challenge Kubica and Alonso, probably passing both within the next 10-15 laps.

Thats how things were playing out at the time the massa incident.

So barring a poor start, he made up for it well and was in a good position.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Donkey of the race is the Fuji tv director who cut out RIGHT as they showed Fernando walking down the hallway lined with Japanese babes! LOL..

Then Lewis. my gosh he screwed the start up for everyone. I swear he worries way too much about blocking people at the starts... If he would just concentrate on what's AHEAD of him...jeez...

PS - TrueHAMILTONFan72, your manlove for hamilton is sickening... He can do no wrong in your eyes. You're about as bad as Peter Hamilton of Speed tv.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    he was the pole sitter and raced into the first corner. I am not sure at which point he should have slowed down with Kubica Alonso and Massa on his back , with Raikkonen looking to pass him and Kovaleinen right there as well.

If he had slowed down, he would have gotten hit by one of thoise guys, or gotten passed by half the field. His choice was to fight for position and then move on with the race from there on out. .
    I doubt there somehow would've been a massive crash if he had taken the corner properly. I don't know what the point is in arguing, as Hamilton himself admitted it was a mistake.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71343