Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes. That is why close to half our combat troops are in Afganistan and our Navy has ships patrolling with the US Navy in the Mid East.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    No. He is busy harvesting the wine grapes in Niagara region so North America will have some drinkable wine!

Kidding aside the Cdn. Troops along with the US and Brits and I think the Dutch are the only ones at the sharp end of things. All the others stay in relatively safe areas.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    No. He is busy harvesting the wine grapes in Niagara region so North America will have some drinkable wine!

Kidding aside the Cdn. Troops along with the US and Brits and I think the Dutch are the only ones at the sharp end of things. All the others stay in relatively safe areas.
    Well as a member of the US Army who will be in Afghanistan come next spring. I was obviously joking!
    INDY!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sorry, I get a little touchy.
    Try paracuting into the jungle in Malaysia behind Commie lines with the SAS.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Sorry, I get a little touchy.
    Try paracuting into the jungle in Malaysia behind Commie lines with the SAS.
    I'd love to! going to airborne school in april! cant wait!
    INDY!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    When I said jungle that was it. Not clearings, jungle. The real fun was getting down from the tree you were in.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Funding from Kuwait a done deal. 65,000 seats expandable to 100,000. 1 mile oval and 2 1/2 mile road course. I have not seen details of the layout but a 2 1/2 mile road course in the infield would be nothing but turns with the exception of the amount of oval used. I do not like any of the road courses within an oval and that includes Daytona and Indy where they have a 2 1/2 mile ovals!
    There will be the usual nimby opposition I am sure but with the mayor of Fort Erie and his council (he was on the trade mission) and the provincial Govt. in favour I expect it will proceed.
    The area is suffering from plant closures (GM and John Deere are just two). The Niagara fruit growing farmers, a very large proportion of Ontario's fruit is grown there, are hurting from imported fruit a cheaper prices. The wine industry remain strong and produces many good wines, often medal winners. Ont. Ice Wine is generally considered the world's best.
    The big problem I forsee is who is going to race there besides the NAPCAR Cdn. Tire series. NAPCAR say they have no gaps on any of the major series calendars and have no contact with the promoters. IRL race in Toronto only 100 miles away. ALMS run at Mosport, about 160 miles away and the track is owned by Dr. Panoz who is ALMS. Grand Am is a possibility for the road course.
    Actually I expect NAPCAR, once they study the demographics might change their mind. They have no ovals closer than Mich. and the population base within say 200 miles of the track probably exceeds 6 million. The greater Toronto area alone is 4 million +. Buffalo is just minutes away if there are no delays at the border. Rochester is maybe 80 miles. Erie Pa. and Cleveland are easy drives all on multi lane highways. Detroit is no more than 3 1/2 hours. The closest NAPCAR race is at the Glen on a road course.
    Add in the tourist draw of Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake and a huge number of hotels in the Falls (mostly on the Cdn. side). Many good restuarnts and most wineries have tasting tours and some good food.
    Again I think NAPCAR once they have done a little research may change their mind.
    Some of their current tracks are starting to hurt from dropping attendance and Canada is NAPCAR crazy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NASCAR said no.

Still, Thibert said investors and local officials have been in negotiations with other racing leagues. He said he couldn’t identify them yet.
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...47/1004/SPORTS

Obviously they are negotiating with the Canadian Tire series but the only other racing series in the world that races on ovals is the IRL. I wonder if this track is the reason Loudon wasn't on the schedule this year?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    I wonder if this track is the reason Loudon wasn't on the schedule this year?
    That really came down to the date. Someone wanted August, the other wanted July, and they just couldn't reach an agreement.

What ever happened to that Sanair track I've heard so much about?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i am from canada, and i must say 99.9% of canadians dont give a damn about racing, racing is not a big thing up here, as everyone knows canadians love there hockey, there is no race fans here, maybe a small bunch, i went to the champcar race last year, and the fans that i studd beside couldnt tell you anything about the drivers, they tough PT was the leader but he went out at lap 1, so as a Canadian race fan, trying to bulid a oval here is pointless sad to say
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go