Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    PT stood by CCWS when they really needed him. It shows what kind of people some of the management was over there.
    So then PT not getting a ride this year must reflect poorly on the current management.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco
    So then PT not getting a ride this year must reflect poorly on the current management.

Does PT have a signed contract with anyone in the IRL? How many times did CCWS or CART get sued vs how many times has the IRL ended up in court?

Say what you want, it was a a series that played fast and loose with the facts & would often throw things out there against the good will of it's fans to see if it would stick. In the end it caught up with them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does PT have a signed contract with anyone in the IRL?
    No, did PT have a signed contract with CCWS? No, he did not. He had a signed contract with Forsythe. If it was fair for you to stretch his contractual relationship with Forsythe to be an indictment of all of CCWS or CART, why is it not fair to stretch his lack of ANY contract to be an indictment of the IRL?

How many times did CCWS or CART get sued vs how many times has the IRL ended up in court?
    Is PT suing CCWS or CART? No, he is suing Forsythe. What does the number of suits against CCWS or CART have to do with the topic of this thread?

Again, as I said the other day, you are painting with too broad a brush. You are rushing to criticize all of CART or CCWS using a topic that has a MUCH narrower focus. This is about Forsythe. It is not about CCWS. It is not about CCWS. Say what YOU like, but much as you'd like this thread to be about CCWS... it isn't.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Talk about spliting hairs. Was Forsythe an owner of CCWS? Yes. When he talked Paul into staying in CCWS (because he was literally the last "name" they had) was it because it would be good for his team or good for the series, which he owned?

I'm sure there were some good guys at CCWS. But I stand by my opinion that in many cases the management played fast and loose. There are not many CCWS fans who feel very good about the bill of goods they were sold by the amigos.

Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    No, did PT have a signed contract with CCWS? No, he did not. He had a signed contract with Forsythe. If it was fair for you to stretch his contractual relationship with Forsythe to be an indictment of all of CCWS or CART, why is it not fair to stretch his lack of ANY contract to be an indictment of the IRL?

Is PT suing CCWS or CART? No, he is suing Forsythe. What does the number of suits against CCWS or CART have to do with the topic of this thread?

Again, as I said the other day, you are painting with too broad a brush. You are rushing to criticize all of CART or CCWS using a topic that has a MUCH narrower focus. This is about Forsythe. It is not about CCWS. It is not about CCWS. Say what YOU like, but much as you'd like this thread to be about CCWS... it isn't.

Gary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stand by whatever you wish. I stand by the FACT that this thread and this lawsuit is about a contractual relationship with Forsythe racing. The fact that the principal in that company happened to be an owner of the series, does NOT make that series a party to the suit, nor germane to this thread.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sure there were some good guys at CCWS. But I stand by my opinion that in many cases the management played fast and loose. There are not many CCWS fans who feel very good about the bill of goods they were sold by the amigos.

You all talk how one side was so much better than the other. Does an announced sellout at a race this year that was maybe 50% full stick in your memory? It does mine. After my 1st year following the IRL, the thing that strikes me most is how much more a like the 2 were than than they were different. And Tony's dung doesn't taste any better to me than the Amigo's dung.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let's not take this topic any further but this an agreement that PT and GF made when they were in CC. An agreement that supported both parties all the way to an event that CC folds. No need to go back and argue "if" and "when" but by reading articles and looking at the results from October 2007 to October 2008, most would be on PT's side. On top of this lawsuit, there was a dispute around December last year between PT and GF about contract. Yet in the end, GF re-signed PT or something like this. Probably not expecting CC would fold soon, or CC could continue on, GF kept PT. I believe that GF keeping PT had something to do with the CC management stir ups at the time. Yet, that doesn't prove that PT shouldn't be paid for a year in service with the team.

Come on Jerry, pay the guy. At least he stood by his words.... did you?
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cart750hp
    On top of this lawsuit, there was a dispute around December last year between PT and GF about contract. Yet in the end, GF re-signed PT or something like this. Probably not expecting CC would fold soon, or CC could continue on, GF kept PT. I believe that GF keeping PT had something to do with the CC management stir ups at the time.
    I disagree, I think GF knew CC was going to shutdown and was looking for a loophole with PT. For GF to want to drop PT and break the contract or PT to take a serious pay cut, then suddenly everything is all right? I dont buy it.

GF has turned into, (or maybe he always has been), a child.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    You all talk how one side was so much better than the other. Does an announced sellout at a race this year that was maybe 50% full stick in your memory? It does mine. After my 1st year following the IRL, the thing that strikes me most is how much more a like the 2 were than than they were different. And Tony's dung doesn't taste any better to me than the Amigo's dung.
    Again. How many times has the IRL been sued? How many times has CCWS been sued?

BTW it was the track that announced the sellout, not the IRL. The IRL received it's full sanctioning fee & will be back next year, unlike San Jose/Las Vegas etc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Again. How many times has the IRL been sued? How many times has CCWS been sued?
    And WHAT does that have to do with PT suing Forsythe? Lets stay on topic here shall we.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.