Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post congratulations bayliss

for winning his third world superbikes championship. one the best riders in superbikes for the last decade in my opinion.

also winning on 3 different bikes: ducati 996, 999, 1098

congrats Troy
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    for winning his third world superbikes championship. one the best riders in superbikes of all time.

also winning on 3 different bikes: ducati 996, 999, 1098

congrats Troy
    edited for accuracy.

Brilliant to see such a legend of the sport go out in such brilliant fashion. The next 3 races are nothing but a send off party for him now.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, best SBK riders i've seen, perios...
    One of the best all-round riders in the world, ever..
    Congrats and richly deserved!!
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Congratulations to Troy. Nori has been my number one rider from way back when he rode the R7? but I have huge admiration and respect for Bayliss as a rider and person. In race 1 he reined in his natural tendency to go all out and risk an "off" and secured the championship, and then went out in race 2 and gave us a display of determination and skill we will not forget. I shall miss those battles at the front with Nori.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bayliss is one of my all time favourite riders. Totally committed, no compromise, hard as nails and a true gent.

He's still one of the fittest riders out there and has another season in him at least. Shame he's going.

I rate him above Fogarty as the best Superbike of the past decade. If Bayliss had started racing sooner he'd have won more races and Championships than Foggy.

Exclamation Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! ------ Bobby Jones (Jordan shoes).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, what a fitting end to an amazing career. From a 23 year old club racer to a 26 pole, 52 racewinner, 3 time World Superbike champion (and MotoGP race winner). It is an incredible story that would seem farfetched if it were a movie. For an entertaining read, here is really good feature on Troy's career up til 2000: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/bayliss_2000_a.htm

Congratulations Troy and thanks for the memories. A true champion. WSB will be much the poorer without you.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Perhaps if only he wasn't tempted to ride motogp he would have clinched more than 3 titles during his times spent in motogp. What makes me wonder is that among Ducati riders Bayliss is the strongest prompting speculation that basically Ducati is a hard bike to ride, perhaps also that their development was taken solely from Baylis input so that riders even like Biaggi has to struggle riding it.

There is another possibility that they only focus on a rider to challenge the title while the rest riders ride bike which are different from the main rider. Whatever the reason success of Bayliss was apparently coupled with strength of turbo engine of Ducati which is only suitable for Baylis, Stoner, or any Australian in general.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations to one of the greatest exports Australia has ever produced on an amazing career. He always represented himself, his family, his team, his sponsors and his country extremely well and will be missed by all bike fans worldwide and I mean what a way to go out, pole, two dominant wins and a championship. On top of everything else, he's one of the nicest guys I have ever had the honour of meeting. Well done Troy.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    A bit wierd to think he's still the best at what he does at age 39!

That just commands respect. Well done Troy.