Anyway, what is the point of arguing my case... You will only flame me
    Quote Originally Posted by mickholly
    Yes you are were a loyal supporter but in my view a crap moderater
    and you weren't wrong were you

Let it go guys......
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pits is right. Let it go, guys - water under the bridge and all that, yadda, yadda, yadda.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yadda?

Under the bridge, the water must go, yes, Mmmmmm.

When three years old you act, look good you will not, yes, Mmmmmm.

Oh, Yadda, not Yoda. Sorry, my mishtake!

Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bloody hell there are some seriously uptight people out there,i remember when we were all one big happy family on here!!
    I havent been to an ascar race for 2 seasons now but still think of myself as a fan,if you had run at pembrey i would have been there then to be honest i just couldnt be bothered for mallory.
    I just want to say well done to all concerned in keeping the series alive for another season.Now do whatever it takes to get us all back at the rock!!

BTW without the ascars there as well what were the attendances like for the pickups running as headliners on the oval? Not knocking them at all but just wondering did they draw the crowds in they and rockingham would have expected?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not quite...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    Bloody hell there are some seriously uptight people out there,i remember when we were all one big happy family on here!!
    I havent been to an ascar race for 2 seasons now but still think of myself as a fan,if you had run at pembrey i would have been there then to be honest i just couldnt be bothered for mallory.
    I just want to say well done to all concerned in keeping the series alive for another season.Now do whatever it takes to get us all back at the rock!!

BTW without the ascars there as well what were the attendances like for the pickups running as headliners on the oval? Not knocking them at all but just wondering did they draw the crowds in they and rockingham would have expected?
    Hi Jeff,

Not quite like the good old days when we had the pot noodle horn and you had the grumpy old man t shirt......

Crumbs, I feel like your friend and we've never met!

There were a few more I think this weekend than in July - much harder to count them in the stand from the top of the garages. Once upon a time you couldn't breathe if you stood on top of the garages it was so crowded.

Like you, we still think of ourselves as fans, but it seems like Duane doesn't as we didn't go to the other circuits. Guess that makes us officially pick up racing fans now, and boy the racing was good on Sunday.

In answer to your question, no the pickups didn't draw the crowds, but without the massive publicity that was generated in 2004/06 that was never going to happen.

There was a particular appeal to the American style of stock car racing on the oval, some of us really got with the sound and feel of a pack of those V8's thundering round the track - 'ovals is where they belong' is what a southern girl would say They may work on a track, but that isn't what the original Days of Thunder fans were sold or fell in love with.

Personally I think the best years were when it was the first Sunday of the month from May to October - it made it so easy to plan it into the diary, and unless we were out of the country we made everyone of them!

Unfortunately different tracks won't generate the same feel as the oval, and are geographically challenging for those of us who have regular Sunday commitments in other areas.

As I can get to Rockingham easily (I can make an 11.30 race after Sunday service) and sans V8's the pick up trucks are as good as it gets for close running on an oval in this country.

Only bettered for me this year by the Moslers in the Britcar 24 hours at Silverstone, but that's another story..(well worth staying up all night for though!)

And just in case Jovial Jooles is still peeking, in IMHO he took on a tough job as moderator at a time when people were beginning to think it acceptable to use foul and abusive language on the forum - it wans't the mods who stopped it being family friendly if you care to read some of those threads again. It was a tough job and he wasn't going to please everyone. At one time the tone of the posts kept me away, and I've been a regular fan/supporter/poster for some time.

Anyways, better sign off before I upset everyone, get banned or whatever.

For the record we will keep supporting the pick ups, and if the V8's get back to the Rock we'll support them too unless Duane bans us for not travelling around with him this year

I live in hope that in the future I shall feel the thunder and hear the noise , and Jeff can go back to complaining about kids, horns and funfairs!!!!
    Keep on trucking Stanty.
    All together 'Cheerios, cheerios, cheerios..'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the problem weve got is that "if" the stock cars are ever back at the rock then it probably wont be on the same schedule as the trucks unfortunately! and people can read into this as they see fit cos i'm just stating the facts! as for truck audiance numbers, well if i remember correctly there were only sub 100 paying tickets bought for the GT/F3 trucks weekend so as far as can see the whole thing has fell appart and crumbled, when the cars were there we thought a poor turn out in the seats was sub 3000!
    but hey ho who knows what the future holds for the cars, here or in europe where its far more economical to race, with better prospects for the future!!!!!!!!!!! seeeeyaaa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ah yes Gillan... Moderating is a dirty job but some poor sucker's gotta do it. And yes before you ask, I *was* sober when muggins here volunteered.

(Things are teetotal chez Casa Witty)
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't been to a US style Stock Car meeting in the UK since 2005 when Mum fell ill. I would love to come back but it won't be as a marshal. I have different priorities now. Even now 2 years on from Mums death I still find it hard to watch Stock Cars as they were such a big part of our lives from 2001. I miss all the gang that was involved in the best championship that UK motorsport has seen. It was hard when we had two testing at Brands earlier in the year. I think Mum would be very upset to see how teh series and this forum has seemed to have gone.

I wish the series all the best for the future and hope it returns to those glory days of the past.
    Live the Code of the Old West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
    I haven't been to a US style Stock Car meeting in the UK since 2005 when Mum fell ill. I would love to come back but it won't be as a marshal. I have different priorities now. Even now 2 years on from Mums death I still find it hard to watch Stock Cars as they were such a big part of our lives from 2001. I miss all the gang that was involved in the best championship that UK motorsport has seen. It was hard when we had two testing at Brands earlier in the year. I think Mum would be very upset to see how teh series and this forum has seemed to have gone.

I wish the series all the best for the future and hope it returns to those glory days of the past.
    Your mum lives on through you, and we really hope you come back and visit us again some day, our door at revolution racing will always be open.
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Lady
    And just in case Jovial Jooles is still peeking, in IMHO he took on a tough job as moderator at a time when people were beginning to think it acceptable to use foul and abusive language on the forum - it wans't the mods who stopped it being family friendly if you care to read some of those threads again. It was a tough job and he wasn't going to please everyone. At one time the tone of the posts kept me away, and I've been a regular fan/supporter/poster for some time..
    Here here -well said

Quote Originally Posted by The White Lady
    Anyways, better sign off before I upset everyone, get banned or whatever.
    -ditto - lol
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"