Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2008 V8's....tttthats all folks !!!

Yes its now official, Mallory was our last event, Brands and Snetterton have been canned, so for those of you who missed us away from the Rock and could'nt be botherd to travell to support us......well enough said !!!

looking back at the 08 season it has seen the V8's race at 6 of the 10 scheduled meetings, and fielded 1- 7 cars in those, Colin being the one who made all the races and justly made the "Best V8 Driver of the year" with a closely fought fight for the next best driver,s, it ending up with Paul Bowman, Tony Hurdle and Chris Richardson lining up behind Colin and Duncan with all his car troubles galantly following in behind them, another 4 drivers, Shane Breaton, Miguel gomes, Rob Compton and Phil Weaver made it a total of 9 drivers who had a go in 08, when i tell you that having 18 drivers agreeing to pay in advance to race at Rockingham last November, and get turned away, and to only get a maximum of 7 at Brands you could say it got a little disheartening for those who stuck with it, and im sure the same for those fans who came and gave us a look as well.

These last two meetings however have been very good, both Snetterton and today at Mallory being well attended with old friends from Rockingham showing up, both events looked busy and new friends have been made.

So improvements have been made, we are able to race away from the Oval but would like to race the Oval as well, Tony today was overall best V8 driver, there was 11 cars on track, 5 V8's instead of 6 thanks to a last minite hitch for Colin's second driver, but what we do next season is up in the air, a mix of tracks with Rockingham in there is what is needed to get the other cars out but one thing is for sure higher car numbers on any of the tracks is what is most needed, 16 V8's at mallory today would of been awesome.... but to those who did it this year, drivers and crew and loyal supporters, you have been most Magnificent, Thank you all.

Duane mokin:
    REVOLUTION RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane
    Yes its now official, Mallory was our last event, Brands and Snetterton have been canned, so for those of you who missed us away from the Rock and could'nt be botherd to travell to support us......well enough said !!!

Duane mokin:
    Some of your very loyal supporters from the past are not able to travel, including myself. We wished you well in your new venture. I'm a little upset with your use of terminology here. Should you return to the Rock we'll be back to see you again - if we're still welcome!
    Keep on trucking Stanty.
    All together 'Cheerios, cheerios, cheerios..'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice meeting with you again Duane.
    I spent the whole of the first race explaining the history of ASCAR to the rest of post 8 (esses out). One of the marshals from 'oop norf' hadn't even heard of them before! Refering to them as "them big yank boggers". at the end of the race he came up to me and said "them yank boggers can't have the 'ead round this micky circuit, gerum on a fast un where they belong" You know, I know exactly what he means!!!
    Best of luck for 2009.
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WhoooHooo! 1500 posts. Been around here too long.......(or got too much to say for myself!)
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    we were not able to attend any of thr races this year, but were planning on attending Brands, shame it's now been cancelled. we were able to see you at Farnborough though which was nice.

hope to see you back on the Rockingham oval next year. good luck with it!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane
    could'nt be botherd to travell to support us......well enough said !!!

Duane mokin:
    I'm sure Duane wasn't suggesting that any possible shortcomings of the series we're caused by fans or lack of them.
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in..swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene 1950-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And those who didnt go, you missed a V8 trying to compete for the 2012 olympics high jump, the bar is now set at 4feet!!!
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to say a big thank you to Duane for letting me loose in the 99 car at Cadwell. That was great fun, I enjoyed it a lot. Except for the chorus of "Who let the bolt out - who who who....."

Let's get 2009 built and ready to rumble!
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

It was our pleasure Rob, Cadwell turned out to a great place to race just a shame about the paddock really.

Bob any blame for the way the series is now can never be laid at the feet of the fans, in fact crowds have been quite healthy this year considering, well apart from Cadwell, the trouble is that whilst the organising club cannot recieve the gate for the meeting they are running they will never advertise it.
    Thus a comercial basis is hard to build back up again, im sure even the hard hitters running there own series are to find it hard next year, i dont know where any series will end up next year let alone our V8's.

Duane
    REVOLUTION RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    None of the races this year were good for me to attend.

Had there been a race @ Silverstone, it might have been different.

Hope to see you back at Rockingham where the cars belong in 09.