Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Danica fans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    i think what he is getting at is there is a difference between wanting her to do well and constantly posting comments like "Danica is going to run away with this race." all the time. Maybe you should try and be realistic, a top half of the field finish would be a good result for Danica this weekend in a car she is not familiar with and a track she has little expierence on, she is not going to win the race.

Exactly

Ditto Ken's comment as well

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep an eye out for our unknown kiwi Earl Bamber. See how Danica goes against him!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well if she is racing, she'll have it easier this weekend now that 5 teams, including the front running team GBR, will not be competing at Zandvoort

Hmmm, wonder if any of the established guys will remind her of her own words... "Look dude, you’re new. You better be nice because we all know how to handle this a little better than you do at this point".

Can't wait for some card to chime in with "I don't even know who she is"! bahahahaha. j/k

Will be interesting, but let's face it, this is ow in Europe, she wont necessarily be the star attraction. Just sayin'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isn't sending back of the pack type drivers like Marco and Danica sort of fruitless? I mean, you don't see the U.S. Men's Basketball team sending the college boys over to the Olympics anymore. Why not just forfeit and save face? Then again maybe AGR is seeing this as an opportunity to get them some seat time as opposed to demoting them to Lights or Atlantics where they belong.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Danica is going to run away with this race. She is taking those boys to racing school this weekend. You wait and see!
    First, she has to get into the race. The British press is suggesting she doesn't have the ride. Read down near the bottom

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/a1gp..._usa_role.html

Even if she would get the ride, expecting any driver in a new car they have never driven , on a track they have never seen, around many drivers they have never raced, and limited practice to do much beyond riding around at the back is stretch.

Everyone can dream and cheer for their favorite drive, but this is a fantasy.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Danica is going to run away with this race. She is taking those boys to racing school this weekend. You wait and see!
    I don't have anything to add. I just wanted to quote this post.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Boy...where does all the delusion end. To think I have missed close to a year's worth of delusions this past year.

Danica...if she is racing in A1 will do just ok......on a track she hasn't seen before in a car she hasn't sat in. OK is probably a good result actually....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, team USA have announced Charlie Kimball as their driver this weekend, not Danica!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    Well, team USA have announced Charlie Kimball as their driver this weekend, not Danica!
    Good. This is what's needed, giving seat/air time to a young driver who actually needs it. IMO, A1 should not be a 'play ground' for established drivers with 'safe' careers already set in place. *But hey, that's just my personal oppo

Charlie has raced at Zandvoort a couple of times in the past in the Masters.

Of course in some wierdy way the Brits can cheer for him too, seeing as team GBR is sidelined this weekend... & given Charlie was actually born in Britain, & is not an unfamiliar face around the race paddocks in England