Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Danica fans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Danica fans

Ok, so I checked her website last week and saw this journal posted. Here is the most interesting part imo

I will be sending another update soon, you will see why on Wed. Sept 24th. Keep you eye out!!

THen I saw nothing on Wednesday. I wonder if AGR was supposed to announce soething since they have that radio show on that day. I haven't been able to find any news. Then I was thinking maybe she will drive another car in a serious for AGR to continue to practice. What do you guys think?

p.s. since everyone is so danica I was so hesistant to make this thread. Let's be respectful and say good or constructive things.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was down at Andretti Green Racing Headquarters on Friday. Danica Patrick and Marco Andretti will be driving in the A1GP race in the Netherlands coming up. They had to go since they are American drivers and the drivers for Team USA have to be American.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the info. I just got into ICS this year so can you fill me in some more. Why do they have to choose US drivers, is it only an AGR thing because there are other US drivers. Also, when will this be on and can it only be watched on tv? How cool to be down at the headquarters, why hasn't more been said about this>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont know much about A1GP but I do know that the car a team uses is owned and kept by the organization. The car is transported by the organization (A1GP)and is left at the last track used. No team can take the car back to their facility. It has to be worked on and prepped at the track they are racing at.

The drivers of each team I believe have to be from the country they are driving for. Its not just an AGR thing, other American drivers and teams are elgible. I dont know why it hasnt been announced already.

As far as TV coverage, have no idea. You might check with Speed TV or the A1GP website. I am going to try and watch the race since they are in it too.

Yes, its cool to be able to be at the AGR Headquarters. Im fortunate to be able to be close to Danica, her team, and good friends with her crew chief.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the info. I just did some research to figure out the race will be next weekend and it can be streamed online. I'm just unsure if it's really true if it hasn't been announced that both Marco and Danica will represent the US in the race. It is interesting to see that all the cars are the same to level the playing field.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

conflicting event

I think your info is off because this weekend Marco is supposed to race in another series that has been confirmed by ARG
    Andretti Green Racing (AGR) announced today that IndyCar Series drivers Tony Kanaan and Marco Andretti will join Franck Montagny in the #26 XM Radio Acura for the 11th running of Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. Kanaan will also join Montagny for the final race of the season at Laguna Seca.

Petit Le Mans will mark Kanaan's first start for Andretti Green in the American Le Mans Series in 2008. However, in 2007, Kanaan was part of the AGR lineup that captured the LMP2 victory in the team's debut at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. Kanaan was also slated to drive at Petit last season. However, a punctured radiator sidelined the AGR entry early and prevented Kanaan from making an appearance in the race.

Andretti will co-pilot the #26 XM Radio Acura for the third time this season and in his career. His first American Le Mans Series race came at Sebring where the team was forced to retire early due to a mechanical issue. Andretti's second start came with Montagny at Lime Rock as part of a doubleheader weekend for Andretti, who also drove in the IndyCar Series race at Nashville Superspeedway after completing his stint in the car at Lime Rock Park.
    So I wonder if Danica will actually run in it or plans have changed and that's why there was no announcement

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this story has been rumoured for a while. It was mentioned on the British broadcast of the chicagoland race and I posted it here:- http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...d.php?t=129341

I'm surprised it hasn't been officially announced yet. And A1 Team USA have not participated in either of the two pre-season test sessions so far. The final test session is on October 1st at Snetterton so if this story is true I would expect them to be there.

And if they are in, it would leave them 4 days of testing behind everyone else on the grid with just a few days to go before first practice at Zandvort.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since AGR bought into the US A1GP team, there has been no news, nothing. I doubt they will even make Zandvoort as that is the same date as Petit Le Mans and all of their effort and drivers will probably be in Atlanta. If they were smart, they wound just plug Summerton back in a car, as he did very well.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    Since AGR bought into the US A1GP team, there has been no news, nothing. I doubt they will even make Zandvoort as that is the same date as Petit Le Mans and all of their effort and drivers will probably be in Atlanta. If they were smart, they wound just plug Summerton back in a car, as he did very well.
    summerton will be at road atlanta too... for the atlantic race....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan

The drivers for Team USA have to be American

The drivers of each team I believe have to be from the country they are driving for. Its not just an AGR thing, other American drivers and teams are elgible. .
    Not strictly true. Adam Khan raced for Pakinstan yet is a born & bred British resident & had never been to Pakistan. Graham Rahal raced for Lebanon, & this season will see Canadian Daniel Morad compete for Lebanon, dispite him being on the Canadian team with Hinch last season. (Though he did not race)

It's tenuous, but a family heritage link can also get you a ride representing a country that you are not from.

Incidentally since Rahal has driven for Lebanon he is now inelligable to switch teams (um so to speak), & race for the USA.