Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cart750hp
    I totally agree. He's a good driver and I would be surprised if no team would sign him for next year. Good for Vitor.

09's driver line up is shaping up pretty quickly. Teams signing drivers early which is a good sign, good drivers are filling the back-marker or mid-marker teams, etc. It going well so far.
    for sure 2009 is looking great, i have never seen this many big name driver change to new cars in indycar befor, this year seem like a real mess, but it seems like everyone is really getting there head around next year, cant wait for 2009 cuz with all the new tracks and driver, its going to feel like a whloe new indycar mokin:
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink Missing the real point

Quote Originally Posted by bravefish
    Meira's move means Foyt gets a stronger oval racer but a weaker road/street course racer. Nothing much gained with this signing IMO.
    For G*d's sake guys, you are really missing it. Darren Manning had a serious communication problem with AJ, Darren having a foreign accent and all. Now AJ can talk to a driver who can teach him how to talk with a REAL southern accent.

Can you imagine victory lane??? Shy, reserved Vitor on AJ's shoulders. Now there's a picture. It would be a picture you would have to take quickly because AJ's knees wouldn't hold out too long.

Not a probability, but a guy can wish!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilf
    For G*d's sake guys, you are really missing it. Darren Manning had a serious communication problem with AJ, Darren having a foreign accent and all.

And Vitor speaks the Queen's English perfectly ?

Although I do agree somewhat, those from the Republic of Yorkshire can be tough to translate..
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why change drivers vefore surfers??????

Manning has raced there before.....At the end of the day if you were a driver would you wanna drive for Foyt? I wouldn't the guy used to be great, but is clearly hopeless these days. He picks either crappy drivers and gives them bad cars or gets good drivers and carries on giving them bad cars.

I think Foyt should retire and d the series a favour, he maybe a legend, but his team no matter how hard they try will never get any success because AJ can't listen to anyone.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wheldon's running there for Panther. Franchitti's running there for Ganassi.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Why change drivers vefore surfers??????
    Why? Simple, it's a non points race and a perfect opportunity to get a jump on next year. An exercise in team building, the crew getting to know the driver, the driver getting to know the crew etc.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.