Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    ...even though the rules state 1mm is enough across the finish line to win a race.
    Really?

I'm curious how they do measure a difference of only 1 mm?
    Given that at 240 kph the distance of 1mm is being done within 0.000015 seconds?!
    You think 240 kph is too fast for a F1 car? No problem, even at 24 kph one would only need 0.00015 second to travel 1mm.

We all know that in F1 time measurements are done to a precision of "only" 0.001 seconds!

So how would they measure the difference of 1 mm? Certainly a finish photo wouldn't help either for such a small distance!

Practically you need a difference of at least 70 mm that is 7 centimeters for the timing system to pick it up at a speed of 240 kph or 3.5 centimeters at 120 kph.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Really?

Given that at 240 kph the distance of 1mm is being done within 0.000015 seconds?!
    You think 240 kph is too fast for a F1 car? No problem, even at 24 kph one would only need 0.00015 second to travel 1mm.

We all know that in F1 time measurements are done to a precision of "only" 0.001 seconds!

So how would they measure the difference of 1 mm? Certainly a finish photo wouldn't help either for such a small distance!

Practically you need a difference of at least 70 mm that is 7 centimeters for the timing system to pick it up at a speed of 240 kph or 3.5 centimeters at 120 kph.

u seems to be good at this Ioan ;-) can you also calculate the exact advantage Lewis gained in Spa ?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonieke
    u seems to be good at this Ioan ;-) can you also calculate the exact advantage Lewis gained in Spa ?
    I can .
    It was exactly too much .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Empty words. Just like "integrity" is to Ron Dennis.

If you believe that it's corruption, go and watch something else then.

Come to think of it, take the scruffy Woking team with you.

Oh, sorry, I forgot....they hadn't the balls to leave the FIA F1 World Championship had they?
    Should we expect anything less from a die-hard Ferrari fan? I just wish Mosley had permanent stewards that were more consistent race-to-race and incident-to-incident. Their non-call on Kimi at Monaco took the cake. As long as the rulings and non-rulings are in favor of Ferrari, you'd be happy. Right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    I can .
    It was exactly too much .
    well thx Bagwan....appreciate your effort to give me an answer...but I was actualy looking for a more precise one..what exactly "gaining an advantage" is based on..and how it is determined...After all these weeks it still is not 100% clear to me...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonieke
    well thx Bagwan....appreciate your effort to give me an answer...but I was actualy looking for a more precise one..what exactly "gaining an advantage" is based on..and how it is determined...After all these weeks it still is not 100% clear to me...
    I don't think that it was clarified, which makes the whole thing even blurrier. It's pretty much based on assumption and they probably just felt it ws generally wrong.

Queue the conspiracy but we pretty much all know that they was an advantage from that move, even if it was negligable.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    F1 cars are fitted with transponders which are measured and fitted in accordance with FIA regulations (see 20.4 and the appendix to the Technical Regs).

Truth in point that even if you tried to stage a dead heat, the distance is still measurable. The 2002 US GP was won with a 0.011s gap and the 1986 Spanish GP where there wasn't deliberate staging had a gap of 0.014s

This almost is a literal case of splitting hairs.

Good luck in trying to stage it.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    had he had to do a drive drive through he may well of lost more then 25 seconds
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, been busy lately and forgot this decision was coming, I managed to read upto post 120, But I can't take no more...

1st MacLeran once again should consider themselves lucky, an official appeal would have likely ended with a harsher penalty. I still view the incident has Hamilton bettering his position by letting Kimi ahead a little more then him conceding his gains from the corner.

2nd The references to the Toro Rosso appeal. If I remember correctly, the penalty applied was based on heresay, the midland/force india/whatever name they wanted to call them driver claimed he was passed under yellows, the stewards took his word for it, when the Team Torro driver disagree'd and the was no evidence to show he had passed under yellow... well... but even then... Exception, not the rule.

3rd I still say the FIA should have treated this appeal like a refusal to pit for the stop and go... add a lap to the 25 sec penalty, I think thats what he deserve now!

4th FIA was sure looking after Ferrari's interest when they gave Kimi that stop and go for not having his tires on in time... I would bet the FIA where the only ones that noticed, and could have easily swept it under the rug if they are so set on a Ferrari champion.

5th For those who think the penalty shouldn't have altered the results, what do you do when the race winners car fails inspection and is found underweight or outside the regs in area's that clearly give them an unfair advantage?
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit
    Don't worry, I fully understand, however sometimes it's difficult to remain moderate in some discussions. Although I should know better being a moderator on a slightly larger forum than this one, I may have issued a temp ban myself if faced with the same comments.
    Boy the ego!! I am starting understanding why you like LH so much.