Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I suspect this is the smallest obstacle to him becoming a GT driver......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    How do you rate Tomi Makinen? 4 titles with 1 manufacturer, like Loeb in a car that didn't do that much for anyone else? Do you rate him and Loeb lower than KKK, 4 titles with 3 makers, sure he was there from the start of the GpA Delta era but the 205 T16 and the Celica were well sorted cars when he went to those teams.

Loeb has shown how good he is, he could be champ in a Focus and no rally driver that has ever been could be champ in the current Subaru or Suzuki, the statement you make is said quite often on here and it is utter nonsense. His record of wins and success against team mates says all needs said.
    We all knew that Valentino Rossi was something special in Moto GP but he showed that he was a legend when he moved to Yamaha and still won on what was considered a rubbish bike.

Loeb is already a legend because he is just so good but he would really add to his status if he was competitive in a lesser car.

And records against team mates don't say that much because firstly the car was pretty much built around him and, with the exception of the Sainz/McRae year, his team mates really haven't been that good.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    We all knew that Valentino Rossi was something special in Moto GP but he showed that he was a legend when he moved to Yamaha and still won on what was considered a rubbish bike.
    The difference being that Yamaha made every effort to become number one. Can't say the same about Subaru or Suzuki.
    Plus it would do a lot more for his status if he wins in LMS and/or DTM then winning 6000 titles in 30 different cars against the likes of Matt Wilson, Rautenbach, Villagra, Al Quassimi, Van Merksteijn, Tirabassi, etc.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    It shouldn't be this way but I think an eventual parting of ways of Loeb and the WRC could be mutually beneficial for both parties.

Loeb gets to walk out with a massive wins record that I doubt will be beaten, plus the probable five consecutive titles, which again will probably not be bettered. He gets to go off and compete in some circuit stuff which is arguably safer, (he has a child now) and also would mean less time away from home.

The WRC becomes less predictable and more competitive, but the only downside is a Loeb exit will probably coincide with Citroen moving on.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    The difference being that Yamaha made every effort to become number one. Can't say the same about Subaru or Suzuki.
    Plus it would do a lot more for his status if he wins in LMS and/or DTM then winning 6000 titles in 30 different cars against the likes of Matt Wilson, Rautenbach, Villagra, Al Quassimi, Van Merksteijn, Tirabassi, etc.
    That is probably true However Loeb still has age on his side, especially if he makes a move to LMS, and I think that he should give the WRC a few more years in something a bit different before making the jump.

Also Yamaha barely made the effort until they had Rossi, his crew and his money on board, something which might happen with Loeb moving teams.

I honestly don't think that it will happen but I'd just like to see how he'd get on in something a bit rubbish.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Loeb will definitely contest WRC in 2009 in Ciroen C4.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    That's a real shame, but I am sure the people at ISC took some pleasure in writing this article

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    pity he couldn't drive a 207 as he would have won. Even in an s1600 i think he would have done well.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    That's a real shame, but I am sure the people at ISC took some pleasure in writing this article
    Which isn't clever. Cheap point scoring against each other is only harming the sport. The WRC isn't strong enough to let the 'classic' events be dropped in favour of less well known events.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???