Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Theres no bass! :\

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJP
    What a cracking album...

The first tune "That was just your life" is such a pump up..

Nice work boys!
    Smashing song!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Saw them recently and they totally converted me. Love the new album and it is definately a return to form after their recent mis-steps.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Watershed by Opeth is the best metal album released this year IMO. It's going to be hard for any band to beat it.
    I'd rate To-Mera's Delusions and Dark Suns Grave Human Genuine more personally but Watershed is a very good album.

Saw Metallica perform Cyanide on Jools Hollands show, excellent song so I might get this album.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mixed feelings from me on Metallica's new album..

they sound like a band who want to recapture their glory days...but they also end up sounding like a band who's lost that energy...it's become more of a formula instead of their energetic days...

Lars Ulrich really should give up drumming...his snare rolls are very irritating(and that's putting it mildly).Hetfield's vocals hasn't aged well.

Hammet has gotten some solos and the bass is actually audible in this album.Catchy Riffs..but you get the feeling that they are recycled from the black and the pre-black days.

It might be their best album in 20 years according to a lot of people....i rate Black(self titled) better than this....but what have Metallica done after And Justice For all and the Black album???? Load,Reload and St.Anger....

you can't use those three albums as yardsticks to compare this album

The Highlights of the album for me are Suicide and Redemption,Judas Kiss,Unforgiven 3...

it's not as if the remaining songs are bad...the album on the whole is average at best..Give Me megadeth anyday..

@as for the best metal album in 2008...you guys should check out Amaseffer's Slaves for Life album..
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    although Watershed is in my top 5 2008 metal album releases...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    @as for the best metal album in 2008...you guys should check out Amaseffer's Slaves for Life album..
    Is it really that good? The InsideOut label can be a bit hit-and-miss for me and half the bands they push hard arent worth it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have always been a little dismayed by peoples reactions to Metallica after Load was recorded. I personally love all of their albums and have truely enjoyed the journey in music they have embarked on. Saying this, I am going to give you my favourite songs from each of the Albums they have done since the beginning.

Kill Em All.

entire album (stand out being whiplash...just cause it is so mental )

Ride the Lightning.

entire album (stand outs being Creeping Death and Ktulu)

Master of Puppets.

entire album (stand outs being Battery, Disposable Heroes, Orion and Damage inc.

...And Justice for All.

entire album (stand outs being the entire album... )

Black Album.

entire album (stand outs being Holier than thou, don't tread on me, through the never, My Friend of Misery and the Struggle within).

Load.

(stand outs being 2 x 4, Until it sleeps, Bleeding Me, Cure, Poor twisted me, Wasting my Hate, Mama Said, Thorn Within, Ronnie, The outlaw torn).

ReLoad.

(stand outs being the memory remains, slither, bad seed, where the wild things are, prince charming, low man's lyric, fixxxer).

St. Anger.

entire album (Stand outs being frantic, st.anger, some kind of monster, dirty window, my world, shoot me again, sweet amber, unnamed feeling, purify).

Death Magnetic.

Stand outs being That was just your life, The end of the Line, Broken beat and Scared, All Nightmare Long, Cyanide, The Unforgiven III, The Judas Kiss, Suicide and Redemtion, My Apocolypse.

Garage Days Re-Revisited.

All of it...

Garage Inc.

All of it...

Symphony of Metallica.

Stand outs being The Ecstacy of Gold, Ktulu, -human, outlaw torn, no leaf clover, hero of the day, BATTERY!!!

I love the fact that a band can go on for so long....

Changing with what ever is going on their lives..

Hats off to ya lads...I hope there is plenty more in the tank.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Is it really that good? The InsideOut label can be a bit hit-and-miss for me and half the bands they push hard arent worth it.
    i've gone off metal this year,but this album is definetly one of the best metal releases i've heard ...

it's like Orphaned Land but with better vocals...think the vocalist is from Anathema(forgot his name)

if you didn't like Orphaned Land,give it a miss..

One of the biggest dissapointments was Judas Priest's Nostradamus...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    i've gone off metal this year,but this album is definetly one of the best metal releases i've heard ...

it's like Orphaned Land but with better vocals...think the vocalist is from Anathema(forgot his name)

if you didn't like Orphaned Land,give it a miss..

One of the biggest dissapointments was Judas Priest's Nostradamus...
    I'll give it a try, after all you never know.

I really dont like Vincent Cavenagh's voice though, he's just so monotonous and dull.

I dont think I've been disappointed with anything this year.