Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beck Motorsports full time with Stanton Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by IndyStar
    The other news is that Greg Beck's team is going full-time in the IndyCar Series in 2009 with NASCAR driver Stanton Barrett. Apparently, Barrett, who will be 36 in December, is going to keep his in-house stock car program going by running the Nationwide Series in the early and latter parts of next year.
    This is great news, as it adds an American and an oval racer to the series, as well as a full time car. Maybe his name will carry over a couple of fans as well.

Today seems like a pretty productive day for the IRL.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Huh? or rather why? nothing against Barrett - but is he bringing lots of $$ to the table I guess? Just seems like there are a whole host of more able/experienced drivers on the market.....

that being said, it is good to have an American driver moving from tin-tops to the IRL - but couldn't it be Jeff Gordon or Kyle Busch?? Ok, so I know that is not going to happen....

Seriously, good news but somewhat puzzling to me....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    Huh? or rather why? nothing against Barrett - but is he bringing lots of $$ to the table I guess? Just seems like there are a whole host of more able/experienced drivers on the market.....

that being said, it is good to have an American driver moving from tin-tops to the IRL - but couldn't it be Jeff Gordon or Kyle Busch?? Ok, so I know that is not going to happen....

Seriously, good news but somewhat puzzling to me....
    Greg Beck was involved in the Nationwide series in 06 (or 07 maybe). Perhaps he and Barrett hit it off or something. But is it possible that he is bringing money with him. Either way, I don't see it as a bad thing. He can drive a race car, I won't have him in my pick 'ems but... I am sure he will still be respectable.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Greg Beck was involved in the Nationwide series in 06 (or 07 maybe). Perhaps he and Barrett hit it off or something. But is it possible that he is bringing money with him. Either way, I don't see it as a bad thing. He can drive a race car, I won't have him in my pick 'ems but... I am sure he will still be respectable.
    36? Maybe a little old for a future IndyCar star...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    36? Maybe a little old for a future IndyCar star...
    Nope, that award will have to go to Marty Roth.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Maybe his name will carry over a couple of fans as well.
    Even two is optimistic.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I see another Marty Roth in the making...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, I would of rather seen a breaking news story of Paul Tracy coming in full-time. I agree, nothing personally against Barrett but this team in my opinion will be in the back of the field just about every race. Hanging back there with Milka.

I want to see good drivers and podium contenders come in, not just car fillers.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite9185
    I see another Marty Roth in the making...
    I think he'll be a far sight better than Marty Roth. Barrett has extensive training as a stunt driver and years of experience in the Bush series. At worse he'll be a capable field filler.

He's still a ride buyer, but he's American and he probably has more oval experience than most everyone in the field. Getting together with Beck now should give them time to test and give them time to test.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    His father was also a movie stunt driver with Hal Needham AND a NASCAR Cup driver occasionally. In any case, it'll be a different look in someone going the reverse direction, adding to Brent Sherman.