Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I thought the IRL was about promoting North American talent??
    And NASCAR was about promoting what a modifed street car can do. We're all whores.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Drivers who race in Europe are schooled from an early age about selling themselves to sponsors, it's not just about the driving, which is why in some part, they are able to get into these drives.. may not be right, but it seems to be the way it is. If an American driver can bring a wad to the table then I don't doubt he'd be in a seat... so where are the American drivers with their sponsors in tow? Can't really blame, or be bitter about the Euro or South American drivers. Look closer to home

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yesterday in a television program to italian tv Giorgio Pantano said that he will test IRL Team in next time.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Personally, I'd rather see the snot nosed kid down the street with Daddy's fat wallet. I"ll watch GP2 if I want to see GP2 drivers. I want to see drivers that want to be in Indycars drive in Indycars. If I want to watch a development series I'll watch Atlantics, IPS, GP2 etc. I got sick of seeing CART/ Champcar and now the IRL as nothing more than a ride buy until someone can get a job as an F1 test driver. Bourdais came over here and won how many championships, and yet it was obvious every time he opened his mouth he never wanted to be there.

If Pantano wants to come over here, commit to a few years and contend for a championship and then maybe move to F1, ok, but coming over here just to keep his backside seat warm waiting for an F1 ride, no thanks.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    nigelred, I think that Pantano can't enter F1 now... if he comes in the IRL, it will be for the rest of his career IMO.
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If that's the case, I'm fine with it. I just hate seeing drivers blatantly obvious in their disappointment having to race in Indycars. It's far better "racing" than F1 IMHO. No it's not a glamourous, and no you can't trade Places like Singapore for Newton Iowa, but from a pure racing standpoint and potential for winning races, it's hard to beat.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't read the article closely, but Danica and Marco are in:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-run-usa-team/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Personally, I'd rather see the snot nosed kid down the street with Daddy's fat wallet. I"ll watch GP2 if I want to see GP2 drivers. I want to see drivers that want to be in Indycars drive in Indycars. If I want to watch a development series I'll watch Atlantics, IPS, GP2 etc. I got sick of seeing CART/ Champcar and now the IRL as nothing more than a ride buy until someone can get a job as an F1 test driver. Bourdais came over here and won how many championships, and yet it was obvious every time he opened his mouth he never wanted to be there.

If Pantano wants to come over here, commit to a few years and contend for a championship and then maybe move to F1, ok, but coming over here just to keep his backside seat warm waiting for an F1 ride, no thanks.
    Pantano has absolutely no chance to go to F1 so if he goes over your side of the pond, you have no need to fear him going anywhere.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seven British drivers lined up for the start of the American open wheel season last year, the final campaign to see the sport split between IndyCar and Champ Car. Now, with the first unified season on the horizon. with Sebastien Bourdais now gone to F1, Wilson looked a good bet for a future title - and his regular appearances on the front of the post-Bourdais Champ Car website suggested the series owners were ready to promote him heavily. All that has now disappeared, as he faces up to a couple of seasons playing catch-up alongside the rest of the ex-Champ Car drivers entering IndyCar.
    --------------
    Stephanieluis

Inspire Internet Marketing