Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heartbreak for Bourdais

In today`s pre race show on ITV it was revealed how emotional Bourdais was after he lost a podium on the last lap at Spa.

I could only imagine how he felt after his misfortune at the start of today`s race. Today he could really have showed why he is a four times Cart Champion. A podium was there for the taking.

Sebastian really seems to be under pressure from his bosses. This could have lead to his problems at the start.

I think Toro Rosso should sign him for next season as he has done a solid job in his rookie season, and will certainly improve from this year`s experience.

I am not overly impressed by any of the people like Buemi/ Senna /Sato who are talked about as potential Toro Rosso Drivers.

Only Luca Di Grassis and Maldando really impress me from GP2.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Because he raced in Champcar, American fans have a stake in seeing him in F1. He's a bit of an adopted countrymen, and the only current driver with any real ties to the U.S.A.

So, I think he deserves another year!!!
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Unfortunately talent does not have a lot to do with it. It appears that Red Bull has made it clear they want "market penetration" in Japan, so if red bull ad writers get their way, Sato is in and SB is out. Alas!!!!
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was it just me, or was Bourdais shafted a bit by the race starting behind the safety car?

Under normal circumstances, Bourdais would have been stalled just prior to the parade lap, been dragged into the pits and essentially would have been starting from pit lane, except by starting the race under a safety car it looked like there wasn't a parade lap, meaning Bourdais lost a lap that he wouldn't have if the race had a normal start...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Absolutely gutted for him.

Yes, Torro Rosso need to sign him up for next year. He has race craft, he is fast. He needs to stay. He is the only Frenchman in the sport, as well as having strong ties to the U.S. It's good for the sport. good for him, and good for Torro Rosso.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    Absolutely gutted for him.

Yes, Torro Rosso need to sign him up for next year. He has race craft, he is fast. He needs to stay. He is the only Frenchman in the sport, as well as having strong ties to the U.S. It's good for the sport. good for him, and good for Torro Rosso.

Then u better explain to Red bull about how the markets there will be adversely affected and therefore signing Sato to penetrate Japan, will not offset those losses

otherwise........
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    unfortunately, I have to agree with markabilly on this. Remember, it's Red Bull, the same folks that used a similar deal to get an american driver into F1, not to increase viewership of the sport but to increase market in the US for their drinks.

Instead they chose to put their sponsor dollars into a NASCAR program, and even moved said driver into a Stock Car.

Do you honestly believe they won't do the same if the possibility to achieve a larger asian market penetration requires an asian driver?
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Then u better explain to Red bull about how the markets there will be adversely affected and therefore signing Sato to penetrate Japan, will not offset those losses

otherwise........
    Easy.

Population of France: 60 million.
    Population of France that will not follow F1 with no Frenchman: 300,000

Population of US: 300 million
    Population of US that follow F1 due to Bourdais: 250,000

Population of Japan: 125 million
    Population of Japan that will only watch F1 if Sato is there: 6

550,000 > 6. Case made

Where did I get the stats from? Keep it a secret: the Rhodesian Bureau of Statistics

On second thoughts though, isn't Red Bull, the drink, illegal in France? In which case, it would explain why the added French viewers are not important to Red Bull.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mervyn charter
    In today`s pre race show on ITV it was revealed how emotional Bourdais was after he lost a podium on the last lap at Spa.

I could only imagine how he felt after his misfortune at the start of today`s race. Today he could really have showed why he is a four times Cart Champion. A podium was there for the taking.

Sebastian really seems to be under pressure from his bosses. This could have lead to his problems at the start.

I think Toro Rosso should sign him for next season as he has done a solid job in his rookie season, and will certainly improve from this year`s experience.

I am not overly impressed by any of the people like Buemi/ Senna /Sato who are talked about as potential Toro Rosso Drivers.

Only Luca Di Grassis and Maldando really impress me from GP2.
    Bourdais needs to sort out his nervousness.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Bourdais needs to sort out his nervousness.
    I don't think Bourdais was nervous. I think he was sad. You've got a guy who is capable of good results once he gets used to the tracks, the team and the car and yet his bosses are talking about getting rid of him. What they should be doing is getting behind him and giving him another year and they'll really see what the guy can do. The guy is an amazing talent. Come on ..... people in the US have got behind a Frenchman and are supporting him! I think that means something
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.