Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PolePosition_1
    Nah, you are correct, it was exiting the second chicane where there is a curve.

If you disagree with it thats fair enough, your against aggressive driving, and you have a case, but personally I'm just shocked to see Schumacher fans having such a huge go when Schumacher did exactly the same to Alonso at Silverstone not so long ago, only different was that it was a completely straight line into Stowe.
    little correction Pole..it was after exciting the first chicane..but still a curve to the right..no straight ! ;-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here ya go...and not sure what he did wrong there even viewing it from Glocks point of view...Lewis is folowing exactly the same line as the car in front of him !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr84NX_mUVg

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Saw nothing wrong with Lewis probably apart from banging into Alonso but it's aggressive racing at its best.

Either some fans prefer F1 being a procession or looking for any excuse to bash Lewis.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I suppose it all depends if you're objective or hypocritical.
    Haha, I'm afraid your right.

I post regularly on the Facebook F1 Group too, and exactly the same topic was started. However its evolved slightly differently.

Where some are arguing if you disliked Schumacher but support Hamilton, you must automatically be a hypocrite.

I strongly disagree with this, because it all depends on why you disliked Schumacher. If you disliked him for being arrogant or an aggresive racer, thats fair enough, its slightly hypocritical.

But personally, I dislike Hamilton, because I'm an Alonso fan. But I respect Hamilton as a huge talent, and sportingly. While I respect Schumachers talent, I didn't respect him from a sporting aspect. So I don't see myself as being a hypocrite in respecting Hamilton on a sporting aspect and not respecting Schumacher on sporting aspect. Because I haven't seen Hamilton do anything totally unsporting yet

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonieke
    little correction Pole..it was after exciting the first chicane..but still a curve to the right..no straight ! ;-)
    Haha indeed your right, in my head I still see the layout to when it was 2 chicanes before the curve.

We're still thinking of same piece of track - but thanks for reminder

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here ya go...and not sure what he did wrong there even viewing it from Glocks point of view...Lewis is folowing exactly the same line as the car in front of him !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr84NX_mUVg
    it doesn't matter if he was following the same line as the car in front, because the car in front didn't have another driver alongside it.

one of the basic tenets of motor racing and racecraft is that you should not - especially in faster corners - simply drive your opponent off the road.

you should, wherever possible, push them onto a slower line, but you should always leave them a piece of road to drive on.

from looking out of glock's car, it looks to me as though hamilton thought he'd done the job on the toyota and it was gone. i doubt he even knew it was there, so it's reckless, not malicious.
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    His pass on the Toyota Happened on the front straight, apologies if it wasn't the case, but that's what I saw in the endless replays.
    You might be thinking of his blocking of Webber. Forcing Glock on the grass was between the chicane and Curva Grande.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Haha indeed your right, in my head I still see the layout to when it was 2 chicanes before the curve.

We're still thinking of same piece of track - but thanks for reminder
    yep ;-) ioan must have seen another race ! ;-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep ;-) ioan must have seen another race ! ;-)
    probably.

he often seems to see another race!
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thats the thing, I don't think people called Schumacher a criminal for moves like Lewis did yesterday.

They called Schumacher a criminal for his unsporting moves. I didn't see anything unsporting from Lewis yesterday.
    I saw MS called a criminal on these forums for allegedly pushing Alonso to the grass at Silverstone in 03. I would pull the thread up for you, but unfortunately because of some glitch in the past, there seems is almost nothing from before 05 in the archive.

My complaint is not about LH's moves. When MS was pulling similar moves, he was called lots of non-nice things on these forums. These forumers would not take the argument that being aggressive is part of what racing is. But now that LH is doing the same, they are all for it. I find it hypocritical.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s