Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Where does one draw the line? At what point between Dubya and Lewis does it become acceptable to be rude about someone when they're not about?
    I don't think there's a line to be drawn.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    So people should be treated differently depending on whether you are speaking directly to them or not, should they? I think that is extremely rude.
    Each to his own, I guess.

You can be as rude as you want about me in another forum or talking to your friends. I couldn't care any less.

We have to try to respect each other on this board however, because we are a social group and making fun of or being rude with someone in front of the whole forum is something that might hurt one's sentiments.

At least this is my take on it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

You can be as rude as you want about me in another forum or talking to your friends. I couldn't care any less.

We have to try to respect each other on this board however, because we are a social group and making fun of or being rude with someone in front of the whole forum is something that might hurt one's sentiments.

At least this is my take on it.
    I agree. People are always going to talk about other people behind their back. Now if Lewis was here I would perhaps say "You need to think more about what you're doing because in the end while your driving skill could win the title for you, your head is going to lose it for you just like it did last season" but since he's not here I'll just say that he's been a bit "stupid"

I don't think there's a line to be drawn.
    I don't get that. Are you saying we should all be perfect and never utter a word of negativity about another human being?

I do think that it just so happens that the issues which people identify with regards to Lewis tend to be to do with his attitude and the decisions he makes and are perhaps deemed as more personal than remarks about someone's driving skill. I mean I called Kimi the Donkey of the race last week and no one say "What a horrible thing to say!?!?!?!?!?!" but as soon as you go talking about Lewis' attitude or the decisions he makes you're being rude

Last week Kimi ran out of skill. Last week Lewis ran out of the ability to make the right decisisions and I feel he did so to a lesser extent today. It's really as simple as that and nothing malicious or personal.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Bah, the biggest shame is that after great races we always find something to complain about.

I personally don't think that Webber-Hamilton collision was entirely LH's fault, more likely it was 50-50. Lewis was ahead and Webber attempted a very late overtaking manouver round the outside to try to get alongside him. I think it was obvious it wasn't going to work.

The Glock incident was a bit dangerous, I think he (Lewis) should have left more room, but on the other hand we must take into account that the race was held in wet conditions and the visibility was poor, so maybe Hamilton didn't see that Glock wasn't completely behind him. But yeah - I agree LH should have been more careful here, because at worst scenario - without Glock's fantastic reactions in the wet - his race would have ended right there.

The most suspicious thing for me was Hamilton's aggressiveness over the kerbs as he took them (especially in the second chicane) with all 4 wheels off the racing track. But obviously on this circuit this is not a serious issue and was at times done by others too.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Bah, the biggest shame is that after great races we always find something to complain about.

I personally don't think that Webber-Hamilton collision was entirely LH's fault, more likely it was 50-50. Lewis was ahead and Webber attempted a very late overtaking manouver round the outside to try to get alongside him. I think it was obvious it wasn't going to work.
    That doesn't change the fact that Hamilton was the one wo changed direction and touched Webber's car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Now if Lewis was here
    what makes you so sure he isn't ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That doesn't change the fact that Hamilton was the one wo changed direction and touched Webber's car.
    I agree Ioan...he did cange directions..But let me see....last week for something similar it was said the driver on the outside should back off as the leading car is allowed to take the racing line...and therefore not need to leave space for the car besides him.....You agree there 2 Ioan ?

Personally, I wouldn't do that either, because it's unnecessary. Whenever I get a PM from someone saying something like 'God, wasn't (x) being a **** in that thread?', I always ignore it as far as possible because it really isn't important. I will always give my opinion, though, and if there's someone whose views I disagree with regularly, that won't hold me back.

On this point, I respect more the views of people who don't always toe one particular line to the detriment of original thought. The posts of jens, for instance, are a very good example.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Personally, I wouldn't do that either, because it's unnecessary. Whenever I get a PM from someone saying something like 'God, wasn't (x) being a **** in that thread?', I always ignore it as far as possible because it really isn't important. I will always give my opinion, though, and if there's someone whose views I disagree with regularly, that won't hold me back.
    I still say that you are free to say whatever you want about me in any other place. You can do it even here if you have the urge to do it, but it won't end pleasant at all.

I gave up answering to every personal attack, I keep it civilized and just report them to the mods and they will deal with it.