Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BBC take-over...

...this might have been covered before, but does anyone know if BBC is taking the ITV commentators on for 2009 or getting in newbies?
    :champion: Kimi Raikkonen is a very small version of God!

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    a lot of talk about topgear

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/n...bc_switch.html
    Rumours persist that BBC's hugely popular Top Gear team – comprising Jeremy Clarkson, Richard ‘Hamster' Hammond and James May, as well as the infamous Stig – will play some kind of part in the shows, but there appears to be little room for any of ITV-F1's current line-up of Rider, Martin Brundle, James Allen, Mark Blundell, Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz et al.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I've been tipping DC as the prime commentator and Martin as his sidekick. That would be a dream team.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I've been tipping DC as the prime commentator and Martin as his sidekick. That would be a dream team.
    If he does leave F1 then I think that would be a pretty good line-up. DC is certainly quite lively and articulated in interviews.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be nice to have Top Gear covering races. It's so nice to see a show about cars that provides little accurate information getting more time to rot people's minds.

It's my understanding that ITV also provides commentary for Australia. Would BBC be taking that market too?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Martin rubs his hands as:

A: He gets to change from "manager" to "agent", meaning he gets an extra 5% cut. :

B: He wouldn't have so much crashing action to commentate on, thus saving his voice for longer term.

Crazy Dave C rubs his hands as:

A. His insurance costs would lower in lieu of his new found ability to get a "no claim discount".

B. He can commentate three different shades of verbal s#$%. How handy.

What a win-win for all.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I think David Croft will almost certainly play a part, he's been on Radio 5 for years and would be a bit of an insult to him not to get him to play a part in the TV coverage, probably as main commentator.

As tradition dictates they have a main commentator and a driver expert, Martin Brundle would be excellent but he hasn't driven F1 for many years now, if DC does retire he would be excellent as a replacement for Martin, but somehow I can't quite see DC wanting the job, he's a bit too Monaco jet set to be a BBC commentator

My bet for the commentating roles are David Croft and Martin Brundle.

Not sure about the Top Gear lot getting involved tbh. After all they are concerned with motoring, not motorsport. If they are it will likely be Hammond and May, not Clarkson, and even then they would likely be 'colour reporters' rather than commentators.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I hope that Brundle stays actually. He's measured and knows what he's on about. I think DC would be a bit too monotone and I'd just not pay attention.

Top Gear is a terrible idea as both Clarkson and May don't like the sport, JC spends ages moaning about how dull it all gets.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    I hope that Brundle stays actually. He's measured and knows what he's on about. I think DC would be a bit too monotone and I'd just not pay attention.

Top Gear is a terrible idea as both Clarkson and May don't like the sport, JC spends ages moaning about how dull it all gets.
    Oh, I don't know.

You could have Hamster crashing a Ferrari at 200mph, James may moaning about how terribly loud it all is and Clarkson on the pit lane walk around:

"Ahh, there's Bernie. Hey Bernie, what a crock of sh1t without all this avertaking. Sort it out eh"

"Max, Max, fancy a party later. You bring the hookers and I'll get the whips. Max, where you going....."

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    "Max, Max, fancy a party later. You bring the hookers and I'll get the whips. Max, where you going....."
    ....."to fetch the hookers!"
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.