Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    FYI I was watching F1 when Lewy was playing in the sand box, with his "balls".
    And I never watched F1 for crashes.
    Then Dijon 79??? I don't watch for crashes...i watch for great racing
    2005 TOCA Race Driver BTCC Champion
    Staffordshire Uni Student: 3rd Year

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    We're obviously not talking about crashes, but the racing. I'd like to think that no-one on here likes to see crashes, unless you think otherwise.
    Judging from some of the posts around here, some would revel from seeing an off at high speed.

By the way, do you have any idea what I was referring to when I mentioned Dijon in 1979 earlier?
    The drivers involved in that battle never pushed each other out of the track into the wet grass at speeds approaching 300 kph.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, that could also have been incredibly dangerous, but I'm glad it happened because it was fantastic. I fail to see what the difference is.
    I forgot when Kimi took the lead off fisi on the final lap in japan a few years back.....they moved right across the track and almost went off....thats the same!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    I agree. Ban them all. Let us start with those talking heads. Esp those on Speed TV and ITV. Obviously playing favorites and repeating opinions based solely upon who they like. Poor David Hobbes was about to have a cow when a mention of Spa would come up, and then suddenly say: "Well, I better not say anything for fear I will get in trouble.....'

Chop their heads off. And while at it, let us chop off all those fingers off all those posters that do not agree with you. After all, it is okay to have opinions consistent with yours, but not okay to be contrary, because we all know those who disagree, do it for reasons such as blind loyalty to their team or driver.....
    Chop chop chop.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Judging from some of the posts around here, some would revel from seeing an off at high speed.

The drivers involved in that battle never pushed each other out of the track into the wet grass at speeds approaching 300 kph.
    no it was on to dust and sand which is just as easy to spin on!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    One could equally apply that logic to Massa's early pit release at Valenia - y'know, the one judged to be unsafe but left un-punished as no harm resulted.

"Pushing your luck" is how you rise to the top. Staying just about the right side of the line between being ruthless and being dangerous.
    Oh I agree and nowhere have I said there should be a penalty for Lewis for this. But he needs to be told that simply chopping a driver like that under braking isn't the right thing to do. Just as Ferrari were given a fine because although Massa's release wasn't dangerous it sure wasn't what you like to see in F1. Just like I don't like to see Webber constantly taken out by McLaren drivers who are either being overly ambitious (Heikki last week) or being borderline dangerous this week (Hamilton)

Pushing you luck might be about rising to the top but that's not how Brundle was saying it 141 minutes on your Sky+ recording and you'll see what I mean

I like a good hard race and a bit of paint swapping is great in a touring car race but this sort of thing makes me think Lewis is a few sandwiches short of a picnic rather than that he is a great driver who knows his limits and knows how to defend and overtake cleanly.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwf1
    you were stating you give room on the roads
    What does this have to do with the price of eggs in China or more to the point.....

THIS THREAD
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwf1
    no it was on to dust and sand which is just as easy to spin on!!
    Really? I only saw one of them going straight over the white line, without being pushed by the other in the same time.

I'm finding it hilarious how people are trying to defend such stupid moves as Hammy did today, and put it down to racing.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Who, exactly? I hope you're not referring to me. If you are, you are simply wrong.

No, but what makes that more dangerous than coming from miles back with locked brakes to dive up the inside, or banging wheels through a sequence of corners, something which could very easily launch a car into the air? Or is your definition of what's dangerous and unacceptable solely based on whether it's something Hamilton has just done?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Oh I agree and nowhere have I said there should be a penalty for Lewis for this. But he needs to be told that simply chopping a driver like that under braking isn't the right thing to do. Just as Ferrari were given a fine because although Massa's release wasn't dangerous it sure wasn't what you like to see in F1. Just like I don't like to see Webber constantly taken out by McLaren drivers who are either being overly ambitious (Heikki last week) or being borderline dangerous this week (Hamilton)

Pushing you luck might be about rising to the top but that's not how Brundle was saying it 141 minutes on your Sky+ recording and you'll see what I mean

I like a good hard race and a bit of paint swapping is great in a touring car race but this sort of thing makes me think Lewis is a few sandwiches short of a picnic rather than that he is a great driver who knows his limits and knows how to defend and overtake cleanly.
    great post
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever