Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A big dissapointment for me in 08 has been the tv coverage from Eurosport and the perceived lack of promotion of the series as a whole IMO. Often the English language coverage seemed ill informed and stilted and the footage itself poor. Suprised Eurosport or the promotors havent released a season review dvd in previous years and guess they wont do this year either.
    Biggest dissapointment though is still no round in the UK !

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    A big dissapointment for me in 08 has been the tv coverage from Eurosport and the perceived lack of promotion of the series as a whole IMO. Often the English language coverage seemed ill informed and stilted and the footage itself poor. Suprised Eurosport or the promotors havent released a season review dvd in previous years and guess they wont do this year either.
    Biggest dissapointment though is still no round in the UK !
    I am surprised you think the actual footage is poor, it seems on a simlar quality to the WRC stuff but with more helicopter footage and better onboards.

The commentary on the live shows can be quite clunky though, but thats because they are just that, live.

Have you tried the highlights shows screened a few days later? These are much slicker. They are also shown on Motors TV the following week with a different commentator.

Regarding a UK round, I hope the rumours of a round in Scotland next year are true!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I am surprised you think the actual footage is poor, it seems on a simlar quality to the WRC stuff but with more helicopter footage and better onboards.

The commentary on the live shows can be quite clunky though, but thats because they are just that, live.

Have you tried the highlights shows screened a few days later? These are much slicker. They are also shown on Motors TV the following week with a different commentator.

Regarding a UK round, I hope the rumours of a round in Scotland next year
    are true!
    One of the major part of the draw of these cars is the screaming engine notes which are somewhat lost in helicopter footage! Regards the commentary I was talking about the review programmes several of which I've witnessed sound like they were recorded in the staff toilets! Dont have Motors TV so cant comment on what they make of it

I was just hoping Eurosport would make more of it as IMO there is as much if not more potential than with the WRC in it's current state. I remember the footage that Chris Courteyn used to produce of the ERC and that just seemed more "complete" It's great that there is live coverage just that a fair bit of it seems to be in the service park at the end of an event rather than out on the stages Having said all that I'm looking forward to the San Remo coverage when the Italain crews mix it with the regulars

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I believe Chris Courteyn is involved with the IRC coverage too.

I see what you mean about the engine noise not being heard on the helicopter footage but it is an interesting viewpoint of the cars so you see them through more than one or two corners.

Generally I like to have the live shows rather than having to wait until the evening for a round up but there is certainly room for improvement, yes.

Smile Happy

bump and lurk